Chapter 71: Let her go

A/N ;- Hello everyone, hope you are doing good. I've noticed when I tried reading the first chapters, they may seem deadbeat (sometimes cringe/ sometimes Misa might seem stupid and all). I wrote the first few chapters of the story when I was 15 and I was kind of naive myself but I hope to improve!! Thank you for reading.

"Don't you know? That's strange I thought the two of you discussed it. I mean, didn't he tell you his goal to kill Itachi and revive his clan? He's already started doing that."

The angst that was evidently present in Misa's doe eyes gave Kabuto enough satisfaction

The angst that was evidently present in Misa's doe eyes gave Kabuto enough satisfaction. It was his greatest desire to see Misa and Sasuke get ruined and so it was exactly happening. It was clear enough to understand Sasuke hadn't gotten her pregnant intentionally but Kabuto was feeding her poison with those savage yet heart-breaking lies. The girl was not stupid enough to believe the words of a mere stranger but she had been always second priority- his first being avenging his clan. It didn't bother the redhead before but now it did as a source of distrust arose over her shattered heart.

"Kabuto, you should mind your own business. This is my personal love life with Sasuke, you shouldn't lie about things you don't know," Misa masked her emotions with a cold, typical ANBU face even though his words were ringing inside her head like a warning.

"Love? Did you just say love?" Kabuto snickered and paused for the dramatic evil effect, "Misa, are you alright in your head? There's no love in this. You are a pawn, nothing more but a pawn."

The Uzumaki took a step away, her breathing getting irregular as she drew in short yet fast breaths. She kept on convincing herself that Sasuke wouldn't do that. She really kept on convincing herself but she was no match for his manipulative words. After all Kabuto had managed to trick even greater ninjas in greater position including the third Hokage. How could Misa compete against those vicious words that pierced her body like tiny bullets?

"Once again, I have no reason to explain this to you. This is my life with Sasuke and I trust him-."

He took a dangerous step glaring at Misa with contempt and hatred, "I don't really care about anything, Misa but I am just saying this because I hold nothing against an innocent unborn child who is sadly a part of the Uchiha's master plan. You and that creature are just pawns in his sick need to avenge his clan."

Kabuto knew he crossed the limit when he felt the immense presence of the monster within Misa pop out with her aura of anger filling the air. It was a clear warning to stop the discussion at once and a command Kabuto had to obey. Nevertheless the man was satisfied with what he did because he knew he had poured the gasoline and set it on fire. It was a matter of time till Misa gets burnt.

"You do not get to call us pawns when you don't even know anything. You really should know your place," Misa growled as she walked past the sneaky man fiery with anger, anger one clearly saw.