*.****.*

[terribly sorry for the delay :(]

[oh, while I'm here again, thank you so much for 10k reads omg??? holy shit WHAT?? this also reached over 3k hits on ao3 and I'm... woah that's so much, thank you all, it means a lot!! i read all of your comments but it is becoming difficult to keep track of al of it but i appreciate all of you so much, i wouldn't be here without you <3 thank you so so much!! now back to the gays]

"One more thing," Kai said, handing Cole the last bowl filled with snacks. "Never bring up anything that will be said tonight. That's our golden rule."

"I feel like you're overexaggerating this a little," Cole replied as went to place it on the coffee table and sat down on the couch. "It can't be that terrible."

"You'll see." Kai stood in his place, fiddling idly with his hands but once Cole reached out with his hand, they came over.

"Are you nervous? We don't have to tell them anything if you're not ready." He held both of their hands in his, gently bumping his legs with his knee.

"No. No, I want to tell them. It just feels odd."

"Okay... I mean if you managed to tell Skylor, it'll be easier with your family and before you know it, we'll be screaming it into the world without an issue."

Kai frowned down at him. "What? I didn't tell Skylor anything."

"Really? I thought... Well, it sounded like–" Cole paused just in time to hear the doorbell ring. While Kai kept looking at him with a puzzled expression, Cole just shook his head and stood up. "Never mind, I guess I just misunderstood." Walking over to the door, Kai caught up with him.

"Does that mean you got the invite?"

"No, I was actually strictly forbidden from even getting near there. Apparently the cake has a restraining order against me."

"What a shame. I'll make sure to bring you the remains with the papers." Cole smiled at him in return but the knocking stole their attention and Kai opened the door.

"Finally. What took you so long?" Nya said as she leaned against the doorframe. "Anyway, hi Kai! You'll never believe what I found in the streets – Lloyd and Ohnopoly!"

"Ohnopoly?" Cole echoed, looking at Kai just to see his face drop.

"Oh no."

"Oh yeah! Can we go in?" He gave her an unamused look before giving in. Kai held Cole back while Nya and Lloyd walked into the apartment to make themselves comfortable.

"Cole, no matter what happens tonight, please don't break up with me."

"You're worrying me."

"You should be worried."

Nya was unpacking her bag, pulling out a bottle of wine and some sheets along with various boxes.

"I got our traditional bingo cards. I can help you fill your, Cole." She handed the empty cards to all of them. Apparently who could get a bingo out of predicting the events of the upcoming night was going to get a prize they all settle on. This time the grand prize was a quarter of a lemon cheesecake and a few cinnamon rolls Pixal has made.

After getting a taste of the rolls, Cole wished he had a chance to win but frankly, he had no idea what was coming for him.

"Also, Lloyd wanted to tell Cole something." She turned to the blond who was focused on consuming all the crisps in sight. "Right, Lloyd?"