*.*.**.*.*

Fighting his lousy creativity, Cole found himself once again at the desk of his personal studio, with a lit lamp and the hum of his sewing machine to keep him company. He decided to try and put together various fabric leftovers to see what comes of it.

And sure, maybe his neck was getting sore again and his eyes were screeching and his ears were fed up as well but was that going to stop him? It should but it won't. It never does because his made up mind obviously knows better.

He probably should clean his glasses as well, however, that was a task he was not willing to do since it would just make him lose time he could spend experimenting.

Perhaps his studio should've been in a room with a window...

"Do you just never get tired?" Cole flinched upon hearing them, messing up the fabric in the process. Doesn't matter, it was leading nowhere anyway.

Of course, Kai was at his place. The last time Cole has seen him was in his bed where they were dozing off reading a book. Which why he went into his studio in the first place, to let him rest.

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" He threw aside the mess and took another pair of fabric. The ornaments on the yellowish one reminded him of butterflies which was maybe the reason why it looked so wrong with green. Throwing those aside, he rummaged through the small pile. What an unsatisfying, sad pile of fabric cut-offs. He could practically feel it sucking the inspiration from him. He needed to try something new. But what? What could he do? There were so many things...

"Don't try to change the subject, I was barely asleep."

Cole hummed in response. It was such a reflex, he didn't even realise it, his mind being so focused on the shackles of the stupid fabric leftovers. He needed something. He needed to do something. His restless body was itching for the act of creation but his mind was lost. Probably in a pile of fabric.

Master, those glasses were irritating. Still, for some reason, it didn't seem he was going to take them off anytime soon.

"Cole." He never noticed him come so close until his arms were around him. His voice was so much more pleasant to listen to than the stupid sewing machine. What a relief. He tilted his head back a little, however, his eyes remained focused on the mess on his desk.

"It's okay to take a break, you know?"

"But I–" His words got lost in Kai's lips. Even when they pulled away he tried to keep the distance closed. It was always so difficult to let go.

"Sometimes you just have to step away. Trust me."

"But I really have to–" Cole tried to argue, tried to defy him because of that sticky desperation that kept him glued to his desk no matter what. But Kai was pulling him up from the chair, holding his forearm, leading him away, using kisses as some sort of a blindfold.

"What you really have to is rest."

"Kai." He tugged on his t-shirt because he knew he won't be able to leave by himself and the only way to be set free would be if Kai does it themself. But they didn't falter and while Cole was annoyed, he favoured the feeling. of Kai's skin on his own.

"Cole," Kai replied, his tone almost threatening. "Don't make me repeat myself." Cole stared into his eyes. He wasn't happy with him and that was bad but... Despite it, Cole found himself thinking how it set Kai into different, attractive light. He was so sure of himself, so rock-solid. Maybe there was some truth in his words. Maybe he did need rest.

Was Cole going too far? He couldn't help himself. It all felt like one neverending freefall and the adrenaline did feel rather very good.

Kai took off his glasses and put them on the desk, then led him back into the bedroom, muttering, "Can't believe I have to seduce you into healthy habits..."

"Well, if it's any consolation, you're really good at it."

Kai glanced at him, eyes annoyed but lips twitching. "If you want me to kiss you so desperately, there are better ways to do so, you know?"

"Oh? Will you tell me or do I have to unlock them all myself? I do like games." Cole flopped down on the bed – what a nice reminder how comfortable it actually is. Kai definitely had a point. It was so difficult to fight his own mind sometimes.

Kai did chuckle at his comment. His smile was one of Cole's favourite things. He could watch him over and over for centuries if he had to. Cole knew that feeling quite well but he has never experienced it so intense. It was impossible to put it all into words and it was a source of awful frustration for him.

"Kiss me, please," he said once their eyes met again.