Jujutsu Kaisen | Hidden Inventory (4)

"(Y/N)..."

"Riko-chan." Geto set her down at the start of the hallway leading to Tengen. "We're here."

"This isn't fair!" Riko put her fists on Geto's chest. "This ain't fair at all! Just for me! (Y/N) didn't have to go and do something like that for me! He protected me...he protected me...!"

"Hello."

"What the—?!" Riko was shocked to see you.

"I heard the whole thing." You said, so innocently, that it reminded Geto of Shoko. "It is my job to protect you. Plus, I got a pretty neat scar. My eye is also fine, so don't worry about that either—"

That was Riko's cue to jump towards you, hugging you tightly in your arms as Geto softly chuckled. You were surprised, but you also hugged her back as you smiled to yourself and let out a sigh of relief.

"I don't want to see you die, or lose you ever again, you hear me?" Riko cried. "Not until I merge! After that, you can do whatever you want...!"

"She has feelings for (Y/N)..." Geto smiled. "...I see."

Now headed down the hallway, Riko decided to cling onto you as she looked ahead in with a mixture of fear and sadness at the same time. However, unknown to her, she actually had freedom.

Once they got to the end of the tunnel, Geto stood forward as you stood next to Riko. Riko widened her eyes slowly as Geto raised his hand to a handshake and smiled.

"Riko-chan, you have two options." Geto said. "1. You can merge with Tengen-sama if you wish. 2. You can live your life. Enjoy everything it has to offer, under our protection."

"You..." Riko sobbed, wiping tears off her eyes. "...y-you all have been so nice to me! I want to explore the world! Everything...! I want to—!"

Riko was interrupted by a sudden gunshot. She widened her eyes as she fell sideways to the floor. She felt the life draining from her as the sorcerers watched in shock at the culprit.

But Riko wasn't the one who got shot.

"That was close..." You said, holding the bullet in your hand. "...he nearly got me!"

"Ah..." Toji put his gun near his head as he sighed. "...I really thought I could've gotten the vessel there. You damned Sharingan kid. You just had to get in the way, didn't you?"

"(Y/N)..." Riko shuddered as you looked at him angrily. "...wait—"

"Explain yourself!" You yelled.

"How the hell are you here?!" Geto spat.

"Me?" Toji chuckled. "Because I killed Gojo Satoru."

"What—?" You fell to the floor on your knees. "You...no...I refuse. I refuse to accept that. You didn't kill him. Stop lying!"

"(Y/N)—" Geto began, his cursed spirits surrounding Riko to protect her.

"You're a damn liar!" You pointed at him as he only smiled. "You didn't kill him! I know you didn't! I know...I didn't just leave him back there to die! He told me he was going to take you down!"

"Hey—!" Geto said, but then he looked at your eye.

I know I didn't...I know I didn't leave him behind...

An intense surge in your eye.

I didn't leave him behind for nothing! You're a liar!

It begins to change shape.

Gojo...can't be dead! Can he...?

You shoved your headband off your head, as the Mangekyo Sharingan developed to its maximum capacity. Shocked at your new development, Geto summoned more cursed spirits to protect Riko.