Jujutsu Kaisen 0 | Punishment for the Weak

DECEMBER 24th.

"I feel like..." Yuta muttered to himself as he stared at the ceiling of the classroom, his hands behind his head as he spaced out. "...something about to happen—"

Something did happen, for Maki kicked open the classroom door, startling Yuta. Yuta almost fell out of his seat before Maki walked up and sat on top of the desk next to him and crossed her leg over the other.

"You know there's no classes today, right?"

"Yeah..." Yuta said. "...but I like coming here."

"Weirdo." Maki looked away as Yuta nervously chuckled. "You want to know, right?"

"About what?"

"Why he called me a failure."

"Actually..." Yuta looked at her. "...I do."

"...in Jujutsu, there are three major clans." Maki explained as she shifted herself. "I belong to the Zen'in Clan. All they care about is the level of someone's Jujutsu. I...don't have cursed energy."

Maki took off her glasses.

"I can't even see cursed without this." Maki said. "So they cast me off. Treated me like trash. So I left. I want to become stronger, stronger than anyone else here. So I can show those old fools wrong."

"...wow." Yuta awed, which made Maki blush.

"What?" Maki asked.

"You're so strong and dependable already, Maki." Yuta said. "I wish I had your confidence. 'I'll show those old fools wrong'! Or...something like that..."

With a small chuckle, Maki got back up and slowly began to walk out of the classroom with her fists clenched, for she was definitely both embarrassed and shy, for the very first time in a long while.

"You idiot..." Maki told herself. "...don't think this means you've been accepted...!"

"Emerge from darkness, blacker than darkness. Purify that which is impure."

Maki and Yuta gasped as they turned around and rushed to the window. Surely enough, a veil was being cast around the entirety of Jujutsu High. Maki ran out of the classroom and headed downstairs before Yuta could call her out.

Yuta grabbed his blade before eyeing himself in the reflection of it. He took a deep breath before he also rushed out, trying to find out what was going on. Yuta felt it inside of him. Suguru Geto had arrived.

. . .

"Out of my way, monkey."

"And if I refuse?" Maki began, pointing her staff.

"Fine." Geto said. "I'll remove you."

Maki then took a deep breath, which made Geto raise an eyebrow. However, she then put her hand out and began to rotate her other palm around it, and a bundle of cursed energy began to form as she grit her teeth to form it.

"What...?" Geto was astounded. "Is she...actually—?"

"Yes!" Maki chuckled as she put her Rasengan to the side. "How's that?! I'm not going to let fools like you call me a monkey anymore, ya know! I'll slam you down before you can lay a hand on Yuta!"

"Well said."

"Sensei!" Maki was surprised to see you, which broke her concentration on her Rasengan.

Geto looked back to see that you were right there, your headband raised as you eyed into Geto's soul. Geto was certainly surprised to see you, turning around to face you instead with a chuckle.

"I wasn't expecting you to be here." Geto said.

"I didn't mention it to any of the higher ups." You said. "You really thought that I wouldn't notice you were after Yuta from the start? I know everything about your technique."

"Yeah, thanks to that blasted Sharingan." Geto said, with a bit of jealousy in his voice. "You've always been blessed, (Y/N). Let's see what happens when that blessing is taken away from you."

Geto rushed you at high speeds, extending his three fingers to your eye. You grabbed his arm and tossed him over your shoulder, but you noticed that a cursed spirit was emerging under you, ready to swallow you whole.

You jumped as the cursed spirit made a bubbling noise and opened its mouth. Making hand signs, you were prepared to incinerate it, but Geto had other plans up his sleeve, for Fly Heads suddenly surrounded you.

"Lightning Blade..." You exhaled, as you extended your palms to the side. "...Senbon!"

Waving your arms around, sharp lightning needles pierced all of the surrounding Fly Heads as they all groaned in pain as they were disintegrated. Geto smiled at your technique, but the cursed spirit under you had other plans.

"Lightning Blade..." You bent your elbow. "...True Spear!"

"Woah..." Maki looked on.

You aimed down as your Lightning Blade made the cursed spirit gag before it completely vaporized in pure lightning as Geto looked on. You landed on the floor before you held your palm out to him.

"Ready, Geto?" You asked him. "I'll show you what true resolve is."

"Now, this'll be fun..." Geto smirked as he raised his hands towards you. "...show me what you've got, (Y/N) (L/N)!"

You gripped your fist.

. . .

Eleven Years Earlier...

"He...did what?" You stared at Yaga in pure shock.

"He killed everyone there—"

"Yeah, I heard you the first time." You said, blankly. "But...what...? How—why?!"

"We still don't know." Yaga said, which made you just run right past him. "(Y/N)—!"

You continued running ahead, storming out of the Jujutsu High building and headed straight towards Tokyo with a frown on your face. You just couldn't believe it. Geto really killed them all.

"Why are you in such a hurry?"

You stopped running, seeing two individuals ahead of you: Gojo and Shoko. Both of them were confused, yet unaware. There was a sink in your heart, for you felt like you couldn't be the one to tell them, but it was necessary.

"Hey, you okay?" Shoko tilted her head.

"Yeah..." You shook. "...I'm fine..."

"You don't look okay." Gojo rubbed his head.

"Any one of you...by any chance, seen Geto?" You asked them. "Please tell me. Please—"

"No." Gojo said. "Why, what's wrong?"

. . .

"Geto, you have no idea how much it hurt me when I heard about what you did." You thought, keeping your gaze on him. "You killed everyone in your hometown, even your own parents. Do you even have any idea what I felt telling that to those two?"

"No...you don't."

You completely took off your headband.

"I'll show you what I felt." You said. "A small shred of the anger I felt then. I'll make you realize you are wrong. So wrong. Even if that means killing you."

End of Chapter