Jujutsu Kaisen | Showdown (2)

"(Y/N)-sensei!!" Yuji exclaimed, yelling at the top of his lungs.

"Dismantle." Sukuna aimed multiple slashes towards Yuji, but the latter crossed his arms to block it, and Sukuna noticed something peculiar and started to think. "What the hell is this? This brat learned how to use a reverse cursed technique—"

"Black Flash!" Gojo slammed a Black Flash onto Sukuna's back the King of Curses fell incapacitated for a few milliseconds but Gojo grabbed Sukuna and tossed him aside with a Blue attack he felt his output slowly go back to normal as Kashimo stood beside Gojo. "We need to get (Y/N) back safely."

"You think I don't know that--?"

Gojo was stunned as soon as he looked to see that Kashimo was hit and rather badly. Full-powered slashes instantly downed the sorcerer as Sukuna now stood with his hands gripped tightly as Yuji rushed to your aid alongside Higuruma. Gojo frowned as he eyed the King of Curses, but Sukuna decided to use Domain Amplification, which didn't surprise Gojo.

"I'm here." Ui Ui teleported instantly and he grabbed your body and Kashimo's as soon as the God of Lightning's technique diminished. "We need to continue with (Y/N)'s plan."

"Sensei—" Itadori said.

"Leave, Yuji." Gojo said sternly.

"He's right." Higuruma stated.

With that, Ui Ui took Yuji and Higuruma, while Gojo looked straight ahead toward the King of Curses. Sukuna rubbed his left shoulder with his right arm as he popped his neck. Gojo could feel that his output was back to normal, but Gojo was shocked to see what Sukuna suddenly took out from his pocket: the Inverted Spear of Heaven.

"Surprised? You do seem familiar with this tool, Satoru Gojo." Sukuna said. "After all, you were stabbed straight through the neck with this by a certain Toji Fushiguro."

"He must've taken it from (Y/N)'s scroll!" Gojo thought as Sukuna kept his grin and Gojo flicked his fingers in a stance as he frowned towards Sukuna and shifted his body.

"(Y/N) is one lucky fellow," Sukuna said. "I was aiming for his heart, but he deflected my blow in time to avoid his vitals. I would've finished him off if that brat and the lawyer had not arrived in time."

"Do you really think that?" Gojo chuckled.

Gojo and Sukuna's fight resumed.

Gojo teleported behind Sukuna as his new opening move.

Sukuna aimed a back fist and successfully deflected Gojo's first palm strike as his lower right arm punched Gojo's abdomen. Gojo was quick to step back, and he wasn't surprised to see the King of Curses catch up to him. Sukuna and Gojo were now evenly matched in combat, unlike earlier.

Gojo was quick to deflect and discard most of Sukuna's strikes. Even so, Sukuna was having a tough time reading Gojo's attacks. Sukuna aimed a fourth punch with his lower left arm but Gojo ducked underneath it and did a quick flick with his index finger.

Sukuna was overwhelmed by Blue, but he was a lot more calm about it now. Gojo appeared before slamming a fist on Sukuna's stomach, aiming to damage the mouth on it.

"Cursed Technique Reversal: Red!" Gojo pointed Red straight at Sukuna as Sukuna blocked with the Inverted Spear, yet struggled to negate the technique.

Sukuna pushed Red off, and flipped the handle to aim its edge towards Gojo's cheek. Gojo grabbed Sukuna's arm, but Sukuna let go of the blade and caught it with his lower arm as he stabbed Gojo straight in the gut with precision.

"Tch—!" Gojo used Blue to separate themselves as he eyed the Inverted Spear of Heaven. "He had trouble stopping my technique earlier...is is because the Spear is broken?"

"He's catching on." Sukuna said, keeping a calm expression on his face as he looked down towards the Inverted Spear, which had been shattered from the top half. "It doesn't have the power to fully negate techniques, but I can bypass Infinity."

"That's why Satoru Gojo wasn't freed earlier." Sukuna said, looking back towards Gojo. "It didn't have the strength to destroy the back of the Prison Realm. However, it can still stop Red."

"I understand its limits now." Sukuna said, gripping the blade tightly. "It was just unfortunate that I couldn't get to Yorozu. She could've made a tool for me in death."

"Are you done thinking?" Gojo asked.

"Satoru Gojo cannot open his Domain." Sukuna thought as he rushed Gojo and the two kept their distance from each other. "Otherwise, this fight would've been over. What a pain."

"He understands that I can't use my Domain." Gojo deduced before he took a final side step and punched Sukuna straight across the face. "But my output is failing me as well...I need to get another—"

"Black Flash." Sukuna slammed four fists into Gojo, which shocked the strongest sorcerer of the modern era as he took four instant blows head on and Sukuna only grinned as he took the Spear.

Sukuna slammed it into Gojo's throat as blood spewed out of it but Gojo suddenly disappeared as Sukuna turned around to see Gojo clutching his throat with his fingers, just in time so the blade hasn't lodged through his neck.

"He acquired the Spear..." Sukuna eyed.

"Not a bad move, eh?" Gojo asked as he shoved the Spear and healed his throat instantly. "You no longer have the thing that bypasses my Infinity. Now that my output is back, I no longer need my Vow!"

Gojo used Red in his palm and crushed the Spear for good which thundered across the battlefield. Gojo discarded his earlier Vow as the power of Infinity hummed with an echo. Sukuna frowned at him, and used Domain Amplification.

"This is going to get troublesome." Sukuna admitted to himself as he frowned slightly, yet kept his expression stoic as he gripped his fists tightly before making a stance against Gojo.

. . .

"Get your hands off me." Kashimo said, rather frustrated as Riko held her hands up. "I do not need your help right now. You should've just left me for dead, like an honorable fighter."

"No, because we haven't fought yet." You said.

"You damn..." Kashimo grinned. "...so even you got an ego of your own? Tell me something (Y/N), that little Sukuna charade you pulled back there...was that also part of your plan?"

"What if I said it was?" You asked.

"Then I'd say you are a risky idiot." Shoko said.

"I am." You grinned.

End of Chapter