Chapter 5: A year of training

3rd Pov

A few days has passed since the kidnapping and Dawn was in front of his mother with Chloe at his side.

Lara : So let me recapitulate, you traveler saved my son from a kidnapping and now want to train him ?

Chronoa : Indeed.

Chloe had presented herself as Chronoa, her true name shouldn't be known by anyone...

Lara : I see, fine.

Chronoa : I know it's hard for you to tru-eh ?

Lara : I said fine, if Dawn-chan trusts you then I do too.

Dawn : (I knew she would allow it.)

Hiding his smirk, Dawn side-eyed Chloe who just contempled the scene dumbfounded...even if she was wearing her mask, Dawn could feel her widened eyes.

Chloe : (What kind of duo mother and son they are...one is a freaking reincarnator who knows everything about us and the other is a nonchalant and innocent woman...)

The hero sighed and could just go along...from that moment onward months had passed as Dawn finally got to start true training.

The first few weeks were hard as his body barely adapted to Chloe and Hinata's ruthless training...physical enhancement or swordsmanship.

Chloe had some frustration to let out after knowing how many women hypothetically loved Rimuru in the future.

Because of this, Dawn had to suffer on several occasions bursts of training passing from hard to extreme but the results were here.
Reaching the age of 8, he was already proficient in holding a sword...not at the level of a royal knight but this was just a matter of time.

He had memorized most of Chloe's technique and Hinata's way of sword...the only reason he still lacked was his body.

It wasn't full grown, his strength and speed along agility, flexibility and more are not at their peak yet.

But that was fine, by now Dawn could surely take on D rank monsters by large numbers and individually handle C rank if the match up is met.

Now passing to his magic and skill, he also managed to learn a few things but mainly spirit art from Hinata.

The cold sword saint was surprised by Dawn's thirst for learning...but she could understand him to some degree.

He was finally able to use the magic and power that he saw until recently as fiction...this was like a dream coming truth.

Also Hinata was surprised at his affinity with spirit...he was like her as an individual liked by the spirit making the learning of spiritual arts easier.

Hinata : Listen, spirits seem to naturally come to you...it's to a point where your affinity with them surpasses even mine...

Talking using Chloe's body, Hinata was now teaching Dawn...the two being in a plain outside the capital.

Hinata explained clearly how spiritual arts worked...this includes how to make a pact with a spirit, how to summon them, how to use their power once the pact is done.
When she discovered Dawn's affinity, she was left speechless...in his first try multiple lesser spirits of all kinds appeared.

And without doubt more would have come if Dawn had a better control over his magicule...

Dawn : (My affinity with spirits is that high ? While I guess I can forget summoning demons now...as they are the natural enemy of the spirits.)

The angels are superior to the spirits, the spirits are superior to the demons and the demons are superior to the angels...

That was the natural order of the nature Veldanava had created.