Chapter 23: 20 Years later

3rd Pov

20 years later...a lone individual was walking toward the gate of the recently set dynasty Zickard's capital city.

Caped, he wore a simple plain white mask, a thin sword on his wrist.

His sudden appearance didn't go unnoticed by the guards who raised their weapon...it was night time so external visits were prohibited.

Guard : Stop right there !

And to his surprise the man did stop...when all thought he was just a random traveler, things went downhill for them when the man stretched his arm and unsheathed his sword.

A black katana, a weapon the world had no knowledge of...

Guard 2 : What are yo-

Before he could finish his sentence, a white flash sparkled in front of them...

???: [Cardinal slash].

In his words, the wall protecting the capital was instantly broken...shaped in a cross way, this unknown attack shook the entire city, alarming everyone.

Standing in the middle of this destruction, the man sighed and turned around.

???: You guys were in the way, sorry.

Addressing the completely erased guards, the man once again turned around this time using his detection skill.

Hundreds of guards were coming this way...however he didn't move or tried to escape as if he was actually waiting for them.

Finally after a long minute, the first enemy came...and it was a familiar face for the man.

Luna : Quite bold to attack the capital alone in the middle of the night.

Her voice resonned, the masked man looked up at the top of a house...long silver hair flowing along the cold wind of the night.

Luna from the royal mages...the strongest magic user in the kingdom.

???: What a lovely night to attack, don't you think ?

The full moon was guiding the sky...a brief silence as Luna's eyes suddenly widened.

Luna : Y-you...

???: When was the last time we saw each other ? I guess two decades ago...

Luna : D-daw-

Her words were cut off as an army of guards appeared, weapons in the air...their loud walk could be heard through the entire district.

The man turned toward them completely ignoring Luna...the girl too, she was confused as to what to do now.

???: Well i'll go ahead then, see you later Luna.

Talking as if they were long time friends, the man disappeared leaving Luna silent.

The next thing she knew was that the 132 guards on their way were gone...nothing from them was left...

Luna : This was...

Snowie : (Master Dawn ! He finally reappeared!)

The spirit appeared in a spiritual form where only Luna could see...she shouted, those past years were horrendous as the alchemy between Luna and Snowie was never great.

But in the end they had a common goal...it was finding the same person...

Back to Dawn, he was not out of the capital...on a hill a few hundred kilometers away...staring back at the town, he wasn't here to simply make an appearance.
Waiting a few more seconds, he lifted his arm letting a few magic circles appear in the air.