Chapter 50: Gambling with Fate

3rd Pov

Gathered at the town's entry, Dawn and Rimuru were having a last talk before the former left...

A long night has passed since the dinner, Dawn having things to do decided to leave first with the accord of Luminous.

While Hinata and Shizue will stay in Tempest as official mediators, the actual situation is still very dire as the Western nation is still wary of Tempest.

For now, they had to slowly bring out Tempest quality and swiftly change the public opinion...

Rimuru : You could have stayed longer, you know...

Dawn : It doesn't look like it but i'm quite busy, i too would have liked to relax in Tempest for a month or two but this is simply not reasonable.

Rimuru : Yeah...oh, right ! I forgot to take this.

Remembering something, Rimuru materialized a letter in his hand...it had the official seal of Tempest on it.

Dawn : If it's political, you should refer to Yuu or Hinata...

Rimuru : Nah, you see with Luminous we decided to hold a large festival in Tempest...this way we can publicly show Tempest's intention and goal, naturally Ruberios's cadres are invited.

Dawn : A festival, huh...(So it will still happen...i should take care of Yuuki there.)

Rimuru : And I personally wanted to give you your invitation, so here.

Dawn : I see...thanks, I'll make sure to pass by.

Smiling sincerely, Dawn took the letter and carefully slid it in his pocket, looking up at Rimuru...he pondered for a moment before nodding.

Dawn : (Raphael, you there?)

Raphael : (Notice : What do you need, Dawn Arceid?)

Dawn : (It's early but I got a gift for you and Rimuru...so please take it.)

His eyes glowing for an instant, the unique sill : greed was ripped off of Dawn's soul before flying into Raphael's imaginary arm.

The sudden gift earned a silence from the wisdom king...

Raphael : (I see, Dawn Arceid I sincerely wish you good luck.)

Dawn : Mmh ?

As confusing as those words were, Raphael had immediately shut down the thought communication...Dawn's confusion was read by Rimuru who tilted his head.

Rimuru : Is something wrong ?

Dawn : N-no...I just think that computer Ai can be quite rebellious...

Rimuru : Computer ? Is there even a computer in this world ?

Dawn : Not yet, but if we put some effort surely we could make it happen.

Rimuru : That could be fun (Just need to hide it from Veldora and Milim.)

Sweedropping, he didn't want to imagine a world where both Milim and Veldora became video game nerd otaku...

Dawn : Anyway I should leave now.

Looking at the sky, the sun was slowly rising...it was the perfect time for someone named Dawn to leave.

Rimuru : Yeah, let's meet again soon.

Exchanging a light handshake, Dawn turned around and was about to cast Destiny beyond Fate, but before that he stopped and faced Rimuru again.

Dawn : By the way, Rimuru...Luminous and Velzard are both single.