Chapter 36: Orc invasion/Trust?

3rd Pov

Ruberios, inside the inner sanctuary...

An intense atmosphere overwhelmed the garden as Yuu and Luminous's eyes locked...there was an invisible tension after the last few words of the vampire.

« Dawn-kun, it's about time he stops holding back on himself. », this made Yuu clench her fist interpreting those words differently.

Yuu : What do you mean by that ?

Luminous : Don't worry, it's not anything you think of.

Stretching her glass of wine toward the sky, Luminous admired the bloody red wine...before dropping it on the ground.

The glass shattering sound echoed through the garden as the wine spread around.

Luminous : You didn't see what Dawn-kun was like 2000 years before so you wouldn't know...but he isn't at his optimal state.

Yuu : Optimal state ? (Now that she mentioned it...Dawn-san never talked about his past, i know he was from a noble family and that he had gone through a tragedy losing everyone he love but aside from that...)

Luminous : Ultimate skill : Lord of Stories, Autor...that's Dawn-kun's most powerful weapon.

Instantly, Yuu's eyes widened...her body froze as she registered the information.

Dawn's skills were a mystery for all, he had never mentioned or given any explanation about them, not even to Yuu herself.

And she always believed that no one in the entire cardinal world should know...she knew Luminous wouldn't joke with such a sensitive subject.

So only shock could be extracted from her...

Luminous : He had told me back in the days about his skills...it was quite the shock for me awhile.

In this world where skills are one's most powerful weapon, sharing them with someone is a sign of total trust or stupidity.

Dawn is someone who rather keeps everything hidden, yet he shared his secret with Luminous.

This was the proof that he won't betray her no matter what.

Luminous : But then I realized a sad truth...Dawn-kun had never used that skill since he joined Ruberios.

Yuu : What ?! (I already know that he could overwrite reality to a certain degree...was this not his strongest skill?)

Luminous : Lord of Stories from what I understood allow the user to overwrite reality itself...but not only that, it also changes fundamentally and to its very core the law and principle of the world.

Yuu : But that...he already showed this ability multiple times...

Looking down at the wine stain, Luminous shook her head.

Luminous : I had seen that ability in the past 2000 years ago...it was before his awakening as a True hero yet the intensity of that Rewrite was way above anything he had shown in the past 300 years.

It was faint at the start, then suspicion arose...Luminous thought he was holding back but no matter how difficult the situation was.

The intensity of his Rewrite never came close to 2000 years ago...it became totally clear when Dawn admitted that he couldn't use his technique anymore and that everything worked on instinct.

Luminous knew that in reality, he wasn't using the Lord of Stories anymore...and that the source of his current power lay in...

Luminous : His sealed memories.