Chapter 53: Origin Averion, the birth of the great duke

3rd Pov

Staring at the raining sky, a world painted in gray...Origin carefully caressed Catherine's hair as the woman was asleep on his lap.

She had previously asked him to end her life...but he didn't, instead he just knocked her unconscious while contemplating the rain.

Origin : Death, huh...at the end, death is the final destination and answer to all despair...

Looking around the camp, many were questioning their reason for life...fighting over and over indefinitely.
Fearing death that could catch you at any time now...it was clear that the glorious army under Origin had reached its limit.

Origin : I see...

During those hard times, what people need is...hope, the hope that could revive even the driest man.

And...Origin had no other choice but become that hope before the decreasing flames of war totally disappear.

Origin : I'll come back soon...

Getting up, he left a few soft words to the sleeping Catherine before dashing out...his sword at his wrist.

He was the commander and leader of this army...it was his duty to manage his mens.

Origin : If they need time to recover, then I'll give them time.

His eyes shining wildly under the rain, he had set himself a new objective...and that was-

Waking up slowly, Catherine's eyes opened before closing back when she was hit by the reflection of the sunlight on her face.

Catherine : Ugh...my head hurt...

Holding her head, she let her eyes adjust to the mild luminosity of her tent...before noticing someone near the entrance.

Catherine : You...

Her eyes suddenly flew open as she recognized the man...

Catherine : Velda ? What are you doing here ?!

The man that had left years ago...without clear explanation was there with his unconditional perfectionist beauty.

Veldanava : Well, Origin finally managed to awaken his power so...i came here to watch.

Catherine : Awaken his power ? Wait ! Where is he right now ?!

Suddenly panicking, her ears then captured the noise outside...it seemed the entire camp was in chaos.

Veldanava : Origin...he is currently in the west side...

Catherine : What ?! Did a battle start there ? I have to go quickly !

Veldanava : It's no use...the battle had already ended hours ago.

Catherine grew confused by his words...but instead of answering, Veldanava stood aside as a soldier quickly made his way to the tent and called for Catherine.

Soldier : Vice-commander ! His highness's Origin has disappeared ! We can't find him anywhere !

Catherine : Wh-the west side ! We have to get there quickly !

Realizing...Veldanva actually knew where Origin was not because he had heard it from the soldiers, but because he just knew it.

While the chaos outside was due to the disappearance of the leader of the army.

Quickly preparing herself, with a unit of 500 mens...Catherine made her way through the land to join the Western battlefield...

This was a vast plain called Riveria...it's also the fastest path to reach the capital of Celeste...