Christmas

"Dude, wake up!" someone yelled at Jessica, somewhere far away- she could hear the voice, but it was too feeble. 

Percy was staring at Jessica. In his hand was a golden knife. Jessica was holding her sword defensively. Both of them couldn't understand what the heck was going on. Between the two of them was a girl with jet black hair and blue eyes, almost similar to Jessica (except the hair- Jessica's hair was a cherry black, with a slight red tinge).

Thalia smelled like roses and something else Jessica recognized from riding lessons at camp—the scent of freshly washed horses. Maybe she owned a horse or something?

"It's tempting, right?" Thalia asked. "Come and join us." She turned to Jessica. "Come and join me, sister." She extended a hand. A shiver passed through Jessica's spine. 

"NO!" she yelled, and raised her sword. Lightning hit Thalia, scorching the white ground with soot. She ran to Percy, taking his hand in hers and holding tight. "Is this real?" she asked him.

"I don't know!" Percy said. He seemed to be panicking even more than Jessica was. He gripped his knife tighter. Percy couldn't understand what was going on... would Thalia really join Kronos? And besides, she was dead. There was no way this could be real, unless.... unless.. Percy didn't want to even think about it.

"I'm a daughter of Zeus too, Jessica."

The dust settled. Thalia was standing there, her hair messed up and smoking, but overall unaffected by the lightning blast. Jessica bit her lip nervously. She was squeezing Percy's hand so tight that it had turned purple. 

"The Lord of Time is merciful," Thalia said, her eyes darkening with every word, "join us, children of the elder gods, and all will be forgiven."

A silence passed. Jessica could hear her heart beat so fast that it was pounding against her ribs. Kronos couldn't ever give her what she wanted.

"No, we won't," she replied as calmly as she could. "We have no affiliation with Kronos, and we don't intend to either. You can go tell your Time Lord that his time is coming. His time to die, I mean."

Thalia growled at Jessica. Her dark leather coat began to melt away. Her voice started to sound inhuman. The two stepped back. Her roughly cut hair began to grow longer, and it's color brightened by the second until it was blazing with fire. Her blue eyes were glowing red, and her clothes had shifted into a long laced dress. Her left leg was gleaming like bronze, and her right leg was shaggy- like...

"A vampire," Jessica gasped. 

"Is that a donkey leg?" Percy asked. 

"Don't mention the legs!" the ex-Thalia snapped. "It's rude to make fun!" She advanced on her weird, mismatched legs. She looked totally bizarre.

Percy stared at her in paralyzed shock. "What the heck, dude," he muttered. "Get back." He brandished the dagger that he was holding.

"I think this is a new dream," Jessica said. "This is so weird."

The ex-Thalia lunged at Jessica. "NO!" Percy yelled, throwing the dagger at her just as it almost touched his friend, and the monster burst into dust at once.

"WAKE UP!"

***

Jessica's eyes snapped open and she sat up on her bed, panting. 

"IT'S CHRISTMAS!" 

Confetti flew everywhere in the room. James was clapping in delight. Clearly, his plan to annoy Jessica had gone pretty well. She looked at the clock. It was Christmas morning, indeed.