Bullies

The door slid open. The four girls looked up curiously as they stopped exchanging their Chocolate Frog cards.

"Well, well, well," a girl's voice came. 

Jessica frowned. It was a girl, wearing the Hogwarts uniform, her cloak, billowing behind her in the air, her dark hair gleaming and waving to the wind. Her gray eyes were scanning through the compartment. She looked down, "First years," she said.

"First years, yes," a boy said. He had a pale, pointed face, and cold grey eyes that seemed to bore holes through Jessica's soul. He wore a shiny, green and silver badge with the letter P on it. He led another group of five Slytherins behind him. "What say you, Alecto? Shall we?"

"We shall, Lucius," the girl snarled. 

Lucius stepped into the compartment, and at once, Jessica stood up. "What do you want?"

"Ah, bravery," Lucius said. "The one word that is used to define stupidity."

"It's that Potter girl," Alecto said behind Lucius, her eyes manic. "The sister of that James we just met."

Lucius' face turned into a frown. "James- that... little..."

"Yes," Alecto concurred. 

Jessica was confused. What the heck had James done to those people? "If you thought James was a little too 'brave', I can tell you I'm a thousand times worse."

Lucius Malfoy didn't go red, but a pink tinge appeared on his pale cheeks. 

"I'd be careful if I were you, Potter," he said slowly. "Your Pureblood status gives you no power here. Unless you're a bit politer you'll go the same way as your grandfather did. You hang around with riff-raff like the Fortescue and that Hagrid and it'll rub off on you." 

Alice and Marlene stood up. Lily's face was as red as her hair. "Say that again," she said. 

"Oh, you're going to fight us, are you?" Malfoy sneered. 

Jessica's eyes turned a deep shade of blue. "Get out."

"But we don't feel like leaving, do we, boys?" the gang behind him laughed. "We've eaten all our food and you still seem to have some." 

Lucius, with his menacing eyes, took out his wand. "And perhaps, detention for you, Potter," he said, pointing it at Jessica's throat.

Jessica raised an eyebrow. The windows stopped rattling in the sound of the strong wind. "Try me, Evil Ken." 

Alecto reached towards the Chocolate Frogs next to Marlene, just as Lucius opened his mouth to say a spell-

"Ventus!"

"Locomotor Jiggly!"

"Stupefy!"

"Expelliarmus!"

Malfoy was thrown off his heels into the railway corridor, his head smashing against the wall, creating a dent. Alecto, stumbling, her legs waving like jelly, ran outside. A boy who looked curiously like her brother had flown out, and a girl that Jessica realized as Narcissa Black, picked up her fallen wand and ran outside. Someone jumped over Lucius, running over the corridor. 

Jessica turned to her friends, all of whom had their wands raised. "What was that?"

Marlene was the first to recover. She spat Lucius, "There's more where that came from, Ken."

"Go back to your surfboard," Lily said. 

"And if you ever come back," Alice said, "I'll kill you myself."