Dance

Percy and Jessica sat at his apartment on Christmas morning. Jessica had torn apart all her gifts at Camp, and she'd been happy to find a new set of sneakers that changed color in the sunlight and Sirius had even sent her a new charm to go along with the bracelet he'd got her the previous year. James had spent some money to buy her a Christmas card with Thomas the train on it, which Percy had told her was weird.

"Are you sure they can take both of us there, with my mom?" Percy asked. 

"Just concentrate on the game, Percy," Jessica said. "I'm sure my parents got it covered. Ooh, will you look at that! We're almost gonna win- noo..." 

They were playing Fireboy and Watergirl on Percy's computer (Shh, if Chiron got to know they were using any tech outside a room that was not completely covered in aluminum foil, he'd be out for demigod blood). Percy was definitely better than her at it, but Jessica was learning. It was a fun game. And Percy always took Watergirl. 

"Snacks," Sally Jackson announced as she entered the room. "Hope you kids are having fun?"

"Yep!" Jessica replied. They paused the game and turned around. Ms. Jackson laid out what Jessica could only call a grand feast. There were blue cookies and smoothies. She had even made her signature seven-layer dip, something that Jessica had had the fortune of having once before in her lifetime, after her quest to the Sea of Monsters. "My god, Miss Jackson! I'm not going to have any appetite when I go home!"

Percy grinned. "Hope that's not the plan," he said. "I've heard Mrs. Potter makes awesome food."

"You won't be disappointed," Jessica grinned. She bit into the cookie. "Ms. Jackson, this is the best cookie I've had all my life, I gotta hand it to you." Sally smiled. 

"You're accent's becoming too American for my liking," Percy frowned. 

"And you're becoming a pure bred Brit," Jessica laughed. "You wait and watch, when we turn sixteen, I'm going to move to America and you'll be living in Godric's Hollow."

They spent the afternoon playing even more games, until Sally Jackson finally told them to stop and take a rest. Jessica fell asleep on the couch, leaning on Percy's shoulder, her blue hair spilled all over her face. 

Percy liked it. 

He didn't know whether he liked her hair because it was blue or because it actually suited Jessica. He closed his eyes. She kind of reminded him of those naiads back at Camp Half-Blood. Her hair wasn't just Midnight Blue- it was streaked with so many shades of blue that Percy was slightly confused- she must have been really bad at dyeing her hair.

His dreams weren't too bad that evening. In fact, he had only seen a Greek monster once in the whole dream, which was wonderful. 

***

That was when the doorbell rang. Percy sat up instantly. He had been resting his head against Jessica's, and her hair was now even worse than normal now. She yawned, her eyes half-open. "I'll get it!" Sally said somewhere.

Jessica sniffed slightly, and Percy winced. "Don't tell me you're about to catch a cold."

"Never again," Jessica smiled tiredly. "If I do, I'll be sure to sneeze on Kronos first."

"Hey, having fun?" asked a familiar voice. Jessica grinned. 

"Dad!" She almost jumped from the couch to the floor. Fleamont Potter and his daughter ran toward each other and disappeared into a big hug. Jessica was hit by a wave of emotion- she had almost wondered whether she'd live until Christmas- now here she was- alive because of a few other people who had given their lives for her... She was still alive. And Zoe Nightshade would've wanted Jessica to just live a little. "You know," Jessica said excitedly, "I owned a Maserati for a night! And Grover owned a Lamborghini-"