9. Gendry

They traveled with men, criminals and rapist... people going to the wall for punishment. At first everyone eyes were on Rina as she walked hand in hand with arya. The men came at her, grabbing for her but Yoren had given her a blade. She stabbed at them, stabbed one man in the eye, they kept their distance since then. But one man, Gendry, he stuck near them. He didn't try to grab Rina he just talked as they walked. He wanted a fresh start, like Jon. He wasn't like these men. He wanted to do good and he couldn't stay here anymore... he was sold but he didn't need to tell them that.

"Gendry waters." He introduced formally.

"Rina and my little... brother Ari." She shook his hand.

Gendry didnt ask what a woman was doing traveling to the wall didnt push on her last name. He smiled back at her. Rina's gaze shifted to him more than she liked. Everyone around her died, she didnt want to get close to him and see his death.

Rina was beautiful, these bastards were going to eat her up and spit her out. Gendry tried to show he was a friend. He would help them get to the wall but Rina was hesitant, no matter how cute he was. She gripped her dagger as they walked, arya kept a hand on the hilt of her sword.

'you wanna ride up here with me pretty lady?' there was a wagon pulling food and supplies but rina wasn't about to leave aryas side. She was glad she wore her boots today or else she was sure she wouldn't be able to make the journey. They traveled long and far and they didnt stop, didnt think about what happened what they were running from. What they were running too.

"I'm a smith." Gendry remarked. "I worked in flee bottom, born and raised."

"You made this?" Rina touched the bulls helmet. Flashes of blood, a scrawny blonde hair boy, the helmet laying discarded, men with wicked intent, she shook the thought away as she passed it back.

"I did." Gendry agreed. 

"It's beautiful." Rina remarked. 

"Thanks." Gendry answered. 

"Did you make Sandor Cleganes helmet? It's a hound, it's similar." Rina remarked. 

"I did. You knew the hound?" Gendry questioned. 

"I saw him in passing... at a tourney, we snuck in, right Ari?" Rina offered covering up her lies. 

"Yeah." Arya agreed slowly. 

"Yeah, it was a fun project, the prince actually commissioned me. I think he meant for it to be mean but I think the Hou- Sandor liked it." Gendry offered. 

"He did. I mean it looked like he did. I mean he probably did." Rina offered awkwardly. "It was beautiful you are really talented." 

"Thank you." Gendry blushed looking to the fire before them. Arya rolled her eyes dramatically as she looked to Rina. 

"Why do they call you Hot pie?" ARya questioned a plump little boy. 

"Because I like pie." He answered shoveling his supper into his mouth. Rina was nauseous though and offered Arya her portion. There was another boy that found his way to their little circle. Rina stared back at him, wavy blonde hair. He winked back at her. 

"Rina?" Arya questioned shaking her arm. Rina looked away from the boy. 

"I'm Lommy, you can look all you want." He assured with another wink in Rina's direction. She turned her head staring back at Gendry's helmet. This gift, this curse, could she stop it? She didnt even know if what she was saw was real or not. Didnt know when it would even happen, if she would be near him when it did, able to help. 

Harbinger of death. Rina lay back on the cold hard ground. She stared up at the sky, the trees so overgrown they blocked the stars. Gendry and Arya lay beside her. Rina heard the howl of the wolves or coyotes in the distance and shot up. THen she saw the eyes of the men, their crooked and wicked smiles in her direction. 

"I can take first watch." Gendry remarked his fingers grazing her hand. "I won't let them hurt you, Rina." Rina nodded laying back down but she couldnt fall asleep, her mind was racing with darkness.