11. She Felt Free

"Where are we going?" Rina asked. They looked her over and she wished she had stayed quiet.

"Harrenhal. For questioning."

"Questioning?"

"Aye. I will gladly question you personally."

" are you going to tell me?" Rina asked that night.

" tell you?" Gendry feigned ignorance. Rina leaned into him.

" why are you thought they were after you? Why they might be after you still?" Rina whispered.

" why did you to think they were after you?" Gendry countered.

" touché." Rina agreed.

" I guess it's OK that we both have our secrets..." gendry asked hopefully.

" definitely." she had more secrets than anyone. Secrets killed people but secrets Also keep people alive. "Im Katrina Stark." She whispered. Gendry touched her cheek.

"Nice to meet you Katrina Stark." Gendry leaned in kissing her gently. Rina smiled wrapping her arms around him. He kissed her again before they fell asleep.

When they got to Harrenhal they were shoved into pens. They weren't expected to live long enough to put them in cells.

They were smashed together like chickens, no pigs, no sardines. They were fucking sardines. Rina slept sitting upright an arm around arya while she tipped her head to lean against gendry. He wrapped an arm around her. he knew their secret and promised to keep them safe, he had grown fond of the two girls. Especially Rina. She was beautiful and brave and smart, but there was something dark about her too. Gendry couldn't put his finger on it. But she felt an urge to protect her. To be near her. And he liked that he got to kiss her now whenever he liked. She smiled into him. It was the only good thing about being trapped this close with everyone. She got to stay close to gendry his arms wrapped around her.

Rina slept for maybe an hour before rain drenched them. Pouring down. Soaking them.

'Lovely.' Rina said smiling as everyone else had a scowl trying to find cover in the coverless pin. letting the rain wash away the past few weeks. She stood up and felt the raindrops. She smiled reaching out for arya and she spun her around. The people had pushed to the edge of the pin so the girls danced and spun in the rain. Their shoes and bottom on their clothes covered in wet mud but smiles real smiles on their faces since... they couldn't remember the last they smiled this much. Gendry watched them and a grin on his face appeared as the girls laughed. Slipping and falling on top of one another. He went to help them up and slipped himself falling on top of rina their lips so close, rinas eyes drifted to his mouth for a moment and his eyes wandering her frame under him but it was short lived because arya pushed gendry off and into the mud she laughed at the sight of his face splattered with mud.

'Oh im gonna get you' he laughed getting up and throwing mud balls at arya she screamed with delight as gendry chased her around the tiny area.

'Quiet out there!' A guard yelled silencing them. They stayed awake that night watching the rain and rubbing at their dirty bodies. This was closest they would get to a bath might as well take advantage of it.

"Gendry, you got something right there..." rina wiped a hand over his muddy face.

"And you got something right..." he kissed her. "There."

"I think you missed a spot." Rina whispered against his lips kissing him again. Yes they were trapped but in that moment, she felt free.