22. Highborn

"Katrina Stark." 

"Stannis?" She pondered. 

"King Stannis." He corrected. 

"We passed the castle a while back, you were not in it." Rina corrected. "Why am I in a cell?" 

"Melisandre has a plan for you." Stannis answered. 

"She's a slutty bitch." Rina corrected. "Whatever he plans are well she can go fuck herself. I'm not doing her bidding after she abducted me and Gendry." 

"Let me show you what you have inside you. Come fight death with me." Melisandre declared as she bound Gendry's arms quickly to the head board before moving to the foot of the bed securing his legs. 

"What are you doing?" Gendry questioned tugging at the restrains. 

"You have to trust me." she purred. 

"You worry for the boy." Stannis realized. 

"Yes. He is my friend." Rina agreed. 

"He is more than that." Stannis realized. 

"I love him." 

"You didnt know he was Robert's bastard." Stannis remarked. 

"He has always been Gendry Waters to me and I was okay with that. He is one of the best men I know." Rina agreed. 

Melisandre opened the ornate box at the side of the bed, pulled out a leech, and placed it on Gendry's chest. He began to panic.

"What-? Get it away. Get it off me." He demanded.

" Don't fight, don't fight. They won't take much." she assured placing more along his chest.

"Why are you doing this?" Gendry demanded.

"I told you there's power in the blood of kings. And you have so much blood."

"No. No, no, no, no! Not there. Not there!" Gendry tried to pull away but it was no use. Melisandre placed a leech on gendrys groin. The chamber door opened and Stannis and Davos entered to a screaming thrashing gendry, so many leeches on his naked body.

"You can blame Ser Davos. He didn't believe in the power of king's blood. He wanted a demonstration." She moved casually to put her dress back on.

"Please. Please, Your Grace. My lord!" Gendry begged sobbing out. She removed one of the leeches with much force on his bicep and cried out.

Melisandre handed leeches to Stannis, next to the brazier that she lit earlier. Stannis took out the leaches one by one, tossing them into the flames, which spark with each one.

"The usurper Robb Stark. The usurper Balon Greyjoy. The usurper Joffrey Baratheon." He declared with each leech sizzling before him. 

When Gendry came back to the cell, Rina looked to him, disheveled little bites and suction marks pulling at his skin. 

"I let my guard down." Gendry admitted as he was thrown in. "I'm so sorry I didnt-" Rina hugged him. 

"I dont care what you did." Rina assured. "I was so worried about you." 

"Were you here this whole time?" gendry questioned. 

"yeah." Rina agreed softly. "You smell like fear." 

"I smell like fear?" Gendry countered. She brought a gentle hand to his face and kissed him. 

"Lets get one thing straight, this handsome face, these lips," she kissed him. "Belong to me. Not that woman." Gendry smiled pulling her into his lap as he took a seat on the ground. "If we ever get out of this cell, this cock belongs to me too."