34. Smart Girl

'That's what death is, isn't it? forgetting... Forgotten... If we forget who we are where we come from we are not men anymore.' Sam told them 'just animals. your memories don't come from books, your stories are not just stories...'

'we gotta take out the night king.'

' he can find me.' bran said. 'His mark is always on me,' Bran said showing them the burns on his arms from when he was grabbed in a vision.

'We will put you in the crypt where it's safest.' Jon told Bran.

"Doesnt he bring people back from the dead?" Rina questioned. "I wonder if I could... no that seems like a bad idea." 

'No we have to draw him out or his army kills us all. I will wait for him in the woods for him.' Bran told them.

'You want to use youself as a bait?' Sansa asked

'We're not leaving you alone out there.' Arya told him

'He wont be alone.' Rina said. 'Ive been practicing. I can do this. Bran draws him out then Let me kill me.' Bran nodded.

"Um Rina?" Gendry countered shaking his head. 

"Remember how you went to find a white walker in the snow and you had never seen snow before? That was stupid. This is stupid but I'm more prepared than you were." Rina countered bluntly. 

'I'll stay with him as well,' theon said 'with the iron born. I took this castle from you once, let me defend you now.'

'We will hold off the rest of them for the rest as we can' Davos said

'Ser Davos and I will be on the top to give you the signal went to light the trench' tyrion told them.

'Ser Davos is perfectly capable of waving a torch on his own, you will be in the crypt.' Daenerys told Tyrion

'Your grace I have fought before I can do it again, along with the men and women risking their lives.' Tyrion reminded her

'There are thousands of them and only one of you. You cannot fight as well as they can, but you can think better than any of them... you're here because of your mind if you survive, if we survive I will need it.' Daenerys told him

'The dragon should give us an edge in the field' Davos went on

'If they are in the field they are not protecting Bran, we need to be near him not so near the night King won't come.' Jon said

'Has anyone ever tried to kill him?' Gendry pondered wondering how difficult this was going to be, if he was ever going to see Rina again. 

'No one has ever tried' Bran told them

'We are all going to die!' Tormund said 'but at least we died together,' he winked at Brienne.

'Let's get some rest,' Jon instructed 'Your grace' Jon said to dany before making a quick exit.

'Do you need help?' Tyrion asked bran, he sat still while the rest of the room cleared out.

'No' he answered solemnly looking into the fire. Rina ran a hand through his hair, leaning against his chair.

'You've had a strange journey' Tyrion told him

'No stranger than most' Bran replied glancing over his shoulder at rina.

'I would like to hear about it,' tyrion said pulling up a chair

'It's a long story,' Bran told him

'If only we were trapped in a castle in the middle of winter with nowhere to go...' tyrion said leaning in.

'Well it all started when your cunt of a brother pushed Bran out the window because he caught your siblings fucking.' Rina began. "Start there." She suggested before heading out. "Night Bran."

"NIght Rina." Bran called out. 

Arya was practicing shooting arrows hitting a perfect target.

'that is impressive sister.' Rina said. She whistled and focused on the arrow it split down the middle. Arya's jaw dropped. 

"I've seen some weird shit but you always are full of surprises." Arya decided. Rina smirked but heard footsteps and turned to the door, Gendry came up behind them handing arya the spear she requested it was beautiful well-made she spun it in her hands.

'beautiful work gendry.' Rina said looking it over. 'good balance?' rina questioned and arya nodded spinning it, testing it out. Good balance, good grip, good weight. Perfect.

"He's skilled." Rina agreed wrapping her arms around him. 

'What did the red woman want with you two?'' Arya questioned

'She wanted my blood for some kind of spell.' Gendry told her.

"She wanted my me- ness." Rina offered with a shrug. 

''Why your blood?'' Arya questioned. 

''I'm a Baratheon. Roberts bastard. I didn't know until she told me... she tied me up, stripped me down and put leeches on me.' gendry inform her. "SUcked my blood." 

"And now you are married to my sister." Arya added. 

"I am." Gendry agreed. "Dont think I would have survived, never been in a boat before this..." He chuckled. 

"Oh that journey was fun, he sat the wrong way in a boat!" Rina laughed out. 

"You are from the frozen north, you shouldnt know how to swim or steer a boat." Gendry countered. 

"Father used to-" Her smiled faltered. She cleared her throat. "I'm going to check on Sandor, I will find you in just a bit." Gendry nodded as she headed off. 

"Why Ezra?" Arya pondered. 

"Rina wanted a name with four letters and ending in A." Gendry offered. 

"Why?" 

"You are smart girl, see if you can figure it out." Gendry mused as he headed off. He found Rina in their chambers tucking Ezra in, he smiled up at her as she tucked the blankets in around his legs and under his little toes wishing him the sweetest of dreams. 

"There you are." Gendry remarked.

'Here i am' rina said smiling as he picked her up. She wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck his lips immediately finding hers.

'One last time before we all die?'

"Thats the spirit."