16. Faceless

''we are leaving. Arya and i... I want you both to come with.'' Rina remarked holding onto Gendry's hand. She knew asking them was just formality. They were coming with. 

'I'm with you til the end of the line.' Gendry said reaching out and grabbing her hand.

'hot pie?'

'Duh, this place sucks.' Hot pie said looking around. 'so how are we doing this?'

'just wait for my signal then jump the gate and book it out of here.' Rina mused. 

'some plan.' Hot pie muttered.

'its a work in progress.' Rina told him. She noticed arya beckoning her. 'be right back... be ready!' she told them running off.

"They in?" 

"Duh." Rina agreed. "Are you sure we can trust this man?" Rina countered.  Arya hesitated before nodding. 

"Yes. We can." Arya agreed. So now all that was left to do was wait. 

"Midnight." Rina whispered nudging Gendry, they had to wake Hot pie up he startled awake. 

'What did you bring?' Ary asked

'Some cheese and some sausages.' hot pie answered patting his bag. 

''What are we going to do about those guards?' Gendry asked as they crouched behind a pillar waiting for the moon to hit its peak.

'He didn't say.' Arya admitted 'he just said walk through the gates at midnight.''

'But what about the guards?' Gendry asked again, Rina held tight to his hand. 

"Thats a lot of guards." Rina agreed. 

'He didn't say anything about guards,' arya told him, she watched the guards hesitantly.

"Arya-" Rina begged. "He didnt help us, he is setting us up." Rina decided. 

''he left the guards out of the plan? it's pretty important part don't you think?' Gendry asked incredulously. 

'We have to trust him.' Arya told them

'Trust him? You trusted him to fight with us and he ran.' Gendry countered. 

'I wanna go back to the kitchens.' Hot pie told them nervously.

'Shut up.' she shouted at them, 'stay here if you're afraid.' she got up walking towards the gate but she hesitated as they called out for her. 

'Arya don't!' they called.

"Rina, did you see our deaths?" Arya questioned. 

"No." Rina admitted. She looked to Gendyr and let out a long breath. She moved towards the gate. "Lets go. Have faith in this faceless man." Arya stared back at her, faceless man? but they followed after her hesitantly walking through the gates. The guards did not stop them because they were already dead their bodies hanging to look as though they were guarding they walked and walked and walked the sun was peeking up when they saw Jaqen on the top of a cliff looking down upon them.

'How did he find us?' hot pie questioned. Arya told them to stay put that she would deal with this she kept her eyes on the cliff but when she got around the peak Jaqen was gone. She kept walking looking when he appeared behind her.

'What are you doing here?'

'Waiting for you.' Jaqen answered.

"Free for now." Rina remarked. 

"Where will we go?" Gendry questioned. 

"I dont know, north... to Jon." Rina suggested. Rina touched his cheek. "Jon would like you."

"I met your father, he..." Gendry stopped himself. "how long do you think it will take to get to the wall?" 

"A long while but it will be worth it once we get there." Rina assured. 

'How did you know we would come this way?' arya questioned curiously.

'After all the things you've seen this is your question? Not how did you kill those guards?' Jaqen questioned.

'Was it hard?' arya asked.

'No harder than taking a new name if you know the way.' Jaqen informed her. His gaze shifted to Rina as she approached. 

''Show me how I want to know the way.' Arya begged.

'If you want to learn then you must come with me.' Jaqen told her

'Where?'

'Far away across the narrow sea to bravos.' Jaqen told her. Rina's face turned down, there went their plans of finding Jon. Could she really let her little sister travel across the narrow sea all alone? Did Rina really want to go across the narrow sea? No. She didnt. 

'My dancing masters from Bravvos.' arya smiled fondly at the memory.

'To be a dancing master is a special thing,' Jaqen agreed 'to be a faceless man that is something else entirely."

"Faceless." Arya repeated. "Rina called you a faceless man." 

"A girl has a gift." Jaqen agreed. "She sees beyond whats not there." 

"Thats not your face." Rina realized and Arya didnt understand but Jaqen smiled back at her. "Thats why I can't see you..."

"My aura is quite black." Jaqen assured. He looked to Arya next.  "A girl has many names on her lips Joffrey, Cersei, Tywin Lannister, llyn Payne, the hound...These names mean little to the faceless God.' jaqen told her. 'She could off them all one by one.' Jaqen suggested.

'I want to.' arya agreed 'but I can't... I need to find my brother and mother... and my sister.' she added, 'I need to find her too.'

"She will be south still." Rina realized. Damn the south, they all should have stayed in winterfell but then she never would have met Gendry. 

'Then we must part a man has duties as well... here.' he held out a coin to her

'What is it?' arya questioned holding the coin in her hand, she didn't recognize it.

'A coin of great value.' Jaqen assured her.

'Could I buy a horse?' She asked looking it over in her hands

'It is not meant for the buying of horses.' Jaqen informed her.

'Then what good is it?'

'If the day comes when you must find me again just give that coin to any man from bravos and say the words and say valar morghulis.' Jaqen told her.

' valar morghulis' arya repeated. He nodded smiling down to her, he turned he a path and he had a woman he needed to get back to. 'Please don't go Jaqen.' Arya called to him.

'Jaqen H'ghar is dead.' He informed her, 'say it again valar morghulis.'

' valar morghulis'' arya answered.

'Again. You too rina' Jaqen insisted. 'valar morghulis'

'valar... morghulis' Rina said hesitantly.

'Good.' he turned around pulled off his mask revealing a new face. 'goodbye arya stark, Goodbye Katrina Stark.' she looked at him baffled as she watched him leave.

"Thats not his real face either." Rina remarked honestly as though that wasnt the creepiest thing in the world. "Come on, we have to go." 

"He just pulled his face off!"