40

Author's POV:

"Was it Gem?"

Gem's dad asked his wife after the phone call. They were sleeping and they had to wake up because of the sudden phone call. She hummed before answering.

"It was Fourth."

She said and grabbed the glass of water which had beside them, on the highland. She slips some before talking once again. "I'm happy that he talked with us!" He began to tell. "Yes. Me too, husband!" She put the glass of water beside the highland again and said.

"But Gem didn't talk. Isn't he?" He said and she glanced at him. Her eyes filled up with tears. "It's okay, come here!" He tried to comfort his wife as he could. But her tears fell on her cheeks like a river. But she didn't make any crying sound.

She kept her pain inside her heart like she used to do. But her husband knows that she isn't okay. He knows. He had known even more than her. They were so sad when what happened to their son's life. Gem's dad had been watching everything that happened patiently. He didn't even try to talk with his one and only son even a bit. About his son's life.

Yes. Even a little bit!

His heart always used to tell him that he was wrong too and that he was a reason for what happened to their family. He felt about himself!

"Our son won't talk with us!"

She uttered while wiping her tears. "But I'm happy that Fourth is with him!" She said and smiled. "I don't know what to do if he hadn't with him!" She added.

"Fourth is a good boy! We are lucky to have him!" He said hugging his wife back and she placed her head on her husband's shoulder. They stayed there for a while until one of them spoke up. But it was Gem's dad.

"I'll try to talk to Gem again."

She jolted up her face and looked at his husband. But not because of a surprise. Gem's dad has tried to talk with his son multiple times a day or at least once a month. So she wasn't surprised by that. But she did because she wasn't sure if their son would talk with them even though he hadn't picked up them.

"Do you think, it will work?"

"At least we have to try. He is our son. We can't give up that easy on him." He said and hugged her tightly once again.

"We don't have to worry about him as long as Fourth is with him!" She protested and he admitted her words. "That's the only thing we have to believe!" He added.

"Fourth didn't give their home address, husband." She began to tell. "And we know the reason." He said and removed the glasses, had been wearing. "But.... I think this is enough now!" He said with a certain voice. It made her wife look at him.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked, looking at him.

"I'll talk with Fourth Son and find a way to meet them! This is enough now. Things can't be going like this. Like.... Like a hell. I think we have to be together like a family!" He explained and his words were so touched.

"Yes. I believe that too. I don't want a separate family! We have to be together and we need to be together!" She said her tears rolling down her cheeks like a river.

"Everything will be alright! Trust me!" He said and calmed her wife.

...

So, the next morning came and Fourth was already awakened. He made his husband a lunch box and their cup of coffee. But since the morning, he felt dizzy. "It might be because of last night." He thought and looked at his sleeping husband.