3 | The Not So Great War

|||

|||

[The Not So Great War]

(The Next Day)

It had been a few hours since Bucky and Ivory had boarded the ship to set sail to Europe. Ivory was hanging over the railing of this ship, throwing up into the water below. He wiped his mouth and looked back towards where a few soldiers were sat. Bucky sitting nearby, watching Ivory with a concerned look on his face as the other soldiers laughed to themselves.

Ivory couldn't tell whether or not the other men were laughing at him or if they were laughing at something else... just as that thought arose so did more of Ivory's breakfast.

Bucky finally decided to check on his friend, "Hey, you doing okay?" He asked walking closer to the sick man.

"Just a little sea sick..." Ivory mumbled, he was practically turning green at this point.

Bucky nodded, "We'll be there before you know it— Just hang in there..." he tried to reassure Ivory the best he could.

|||
(X Days Later)
*I have no idea how long it takes for a ship back then to get to its destination, so please bare with me...*

Slowly but surely they had made their way across the Atlantic. After the third day Ivory had to be kept in the sickbay. He recovered right before they arrived at the docks. Shortly after their arrival they were immediately transported to their base in Italy.

|||

(Later that night)

Hours ago when they got to the base, they were put to work immediately. It was like boot camp all over again... except it felt more real of course. They were in it for real this time.

Now he was lying on an uncomfortable cot on the floor of the barracks, Bucky right beside him. Ivory was lost in his thoughts, his mind going to very dark places.

"Ives..." a whisper came from the cot beside Ivory, making him glance over at his friend looking at him.

He stared for a second, "Yeah?" He asked quietly, trying his best not to draw attention from any of the sleeping men surrounding them.

"Just checking if you were awake... you okay?" Bucky asked.

Ivory thought for a moment. He surely wasn't okay... I mean, they were at war. How could you be okay when you know you could die at any moment? That your... friend could die at any moment.

"Yeah, you?" Ivory finally voiced.

"M'fine..." he mumbled tiredly.

Ivory looked back at Bucky who had already closed his eyes, "Goodnight, Buck..." he said lowly before closing his eyes and trying his best to sleep.

"Goodnight, Ives." Bucky whispered.

|||

Authors Note:

Really short chapter this time.

I have an excuse!

I don't really know anything about what it was like for soldiers in ww2 to be on a base... so I'm trying to just skim over this part and maybe do a time jump to when they are sent over enemy lines and thus a lot of the 107th are captured.

I've tried my best to do as much research as I can, the sad part is I'm a History buff but not when it comes to military history lol... I know the basics of what happened I'm just not 'in the know' on how things were like on the battlefield.

I'm Sorry for the inconvenience!

But please continue to vote on each chapter! I really do appreciate it.

Thank You!