25 | Dead And Gone

|||

|||

[Dead And Gone]

They both stood still, Ivory could hear his heartbeat in his ears. It was like everything turned to slow motion all of a sudden. He recognized him, the masked man. The same one from his nightmares.

Why was he here?

Was he showing back up to haunt him?

'Is this all my fault?' Ivory thought to himself.

Ivory felt as if his breath had been stolen away. Sucked out of him by the darkness in his mind. His past was catching up to him and he wasn't ready for it. This was not going to end well, at least that's what he feared.

Sirens began to echo all around. His eyes scanned over the street below before looking over to Steve, "We need to go." With that he turned on his heels leaving his friend behind him.

Ivory made it down a few flights of stairs quickly, hoping Steve wouldn't catch up with him. Anger was threatening to bubble over, he glanced around the street seeing a metal pole. Without a second thought, Ivory punched the pole— Denting it.

Steve had watched, "Ives..." he whispered.

Ivory didn't look up. Instead he walked over to his motorcycle— Mounting it.

"Ivory, we'll get that guy eventually." Steve tried to assure him. Of course the Star-Spangled man was oblivious to why Ivory was acting this way.

"We can talk about this later." Ivory muttered through his teeth. Just as the ambulance pulled out, he followed.

Steve watched with a raised brow, taken aback by how upset Ivory was over this. Steve wasn't too thrilled either... but he could tell something else was wrong with his friend.

|||

Steve showed up to the hospital only a minute or two after Ivory. Fury was taken into surgery immediately— Weirdly enough they were allowed to watch the procedure.

Ivory stood in silence, face straight as he kept his eyes trained on his boss. His mind racing. Steve doing the same. They hadn't spoke to me another since leaving for the hospital.

Natasha bursted through the doors, nudging herself in between the two men. Neither of them taking their eyes off Fury to acknowledge the redhead.

Nat was the first to break the silence, "Is he gonna make it?" She questioned, her lips trembling slightly.

"I don't know." Steve mumbled.

"Tell me about the shooter." She requested.

Ivory sighed to himself as Steve answered, "He's fast, strong... had a mental arm." He huffed.