20 | The Avengers

|||

|||

[The Avengers]

Ivory was busy on the ground with Nat. A Chitauri ran towards him grabbing him by his arm, Ivory quickly took ahold of the aliens arm with his free hand— twisting it around. He took his pistol out and shot the thing in its head, killing it.

Ivory's eyes wondered over to see Nat struggling, he hurried over to her as fast as he could. she had already taken the aliens weapon and blasted it with it.

Natasha turned around ready to fight—only to be met with Ivory putting his hands up defensively, "Don't shoot!" He called out. She lowered her weapon slowly, staring at Ivory with fearful eyes.

Steve made his way back over to them, Natasha was still on edge. She gripped the weapon in her hands, breathing loudly, "Captain, none of this is going to mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal." She explained, looking up at the hole in the sky.

"She's right." Ivory butted in, watching as more aliens came through the portal. He didn't know how any of this would end. Ivory would like to have hope, but at this point... everything felt so hopeless.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it." Steve gritted out. It seemed that Ivory wasn't the only one losing hope.

Natasha squinted her eyes slightly, keeping her head forward— watching the portal, "Well, maybe it's not about guns." She mumbled.

Steve momentarily glanced over at the red head, "If you wanna get up there you're gonna need a ride." He pointed out.

Natasha gave the boys a small nod, "I've got a ride—"she dropped the alien weapon and walked away from them, "I could use a boost, though."

Steve took a few steps back, "You sure about this?" He asked Natasha, just in case she changes her mind.

Natasha's breath's were shaky, "Yeah.... It's gonna be fun." She tried to convince herself. She ran forward— leaping off the car and landing on Steve's shield.

He pushed up and sent her flying into the air giving her just enough height to grab onto one of the flying motorcycle things.

"I'd love to know her definition of fun." Ivory said out of nowhere, crossing his arms. "I'm surprised that worked so well... it's kind of shocking." He continued rambling to Steve.

Steve looked over at Ivory, glaring at him, "Ives... do me a favor?" He said in a condescending tone, smiling at his friend.

Ivory smiled back widely, "Yeah?" He sung, indulging the Captain.