31 | Winter

|||

|||

[Winter]

They made their way onto the highway not long ago. Ivory sat in between Natasha and Sitwell, who leaned forward from the backseat, "Hydra doesn't like leaks." He commented loudly.

And annoyingly in Ivory's opinion.

Sam glared into the rearview mirror, "Then why don't you try sticking a cork in it." He hissed, putting his attention back on the road.

Ivory raised his hand, "I second that." He said happily, giving the man next to him a fake smile. Jasper Sitwell tried moving away from Ivory the best he could, scooting closer to the window.

Nat leaned forward this time, "Insight's launching in 16 hours, we're cutting it a little close here." She informed, looking back and forth between Sam and Steve.

"I know— We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access the helicarriers directly." Steve explained his plan casually.

"What? Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea—" Sitwell griped. Ivory was ready to knock him out so he'd shut the hell up. Turns out he didn't have to...

Something landed onto the roof of the vehicle with a loud thud, getting everyone's attention. Ivory and Nat watched as a metal arm crashed through the window nearest to Sitwell, dragging him out and in-front of a moving truck— Killing him.

He immediately knew. It was him, the man from his nightmares. And from the looks of it, Natasha knew as well.

Ivory swiftly unbuckled himself, ducking into the floorboard. Natasha moving to Steve lap as gunshots went off. A few more shots were fired before Sam hit the breaks, flinging the Winter Soldier off and onto the road.

Everything felt like it was in slow motion. The Soldier scraping across the asphalt, his metal arm sparking. They all watched with widened eyes as he intimidatingly stood up.

Ivory's heart pounded in his ears. Time stopped for him, he felt hopeless all over again. Just like he did a few years ago. That's when he snapped out of it, picking himself up and crawling back into the back seat, scrambling to take out his pistol. Natasha did the same.

Just as Ivory had it in his hands, a truck rear ended them causing him to drop his gun. He flew forward, landing between where the center console was, "Damn it..." he groaned.

All of a sudden the Winter Soldier was back on top of the car and Sam was hitting the brakes. Natasha grunted, moving around in Steve's lap trying to find her pistol. Her eyes scanning the floor board finally spotting the damn gun.