41 | Safe House

|||

|||

[Safe House]

Everyone had been silent for most of the ride. Ivory sat in a corner away from everyone else, staring into space. Thor fidgeted with his hands while Steve grimaced at his thoughts.

"The news is loving you guys." Maria announced on the radio, "Nobody else is, there's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air." She added sadly.

"The Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony probed, leaning back in his seat.

"Already on the scene... how's the team?" Maria questioned softly, trying to be as gentle with the conversation as she could.

Tony paused, sighing, "Everyone's... we took a hit, we'll shake it off." He whispered lowly. He was starting to feel guilty for it, he should have been there— Stopped this from happening. But there was nothing he could do about it now. They had to push on.

"Well, for now, I'd say in stealth mode and stay away from here." Maria suggested.

"So, run and hide?" Tony mumbled, looking down at the screen that displayed Maria's face.

Maria nodded, "Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." She stated, shrugging a bit.

Tony sighed again, "Neither do we." He muttered, looking away from the screen before turning back and ending the call. Tony got up and sauntered over to Clint who was steering the jet, "Hey, wanna switch out?" He questioned.

"No, I'm good." Clint took a deep breath, "If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time because we're still a few hours out." He added, keeping his head forward.

Tony raised a brow, "Few hours from where?" He asked— Looking over Clint's shoulder.

"A safe house." Clint said, not revealing more than that.

Tony chose not to pry, he trusted Clint knew what he was doing. The billionaire glanced back at the rest of the team. Banner wrapping himself in nothing but a blanket. His eyes shifted to the back of the jet, Ivory sitting alone with his face in his hands.

|||

They landed hours later, on what seemed to be a farm of some sort. Ivory followed everyone out of the jet, the sun blinding him slightly.

Clint lead them closer to the farm house, up the stairs. Thor looked around, "What's this place?" He asked, looking over to Tony.