32 | Pain

|||

|||

[Pain]

Steve sat incredibly still. The former soldier seemed calmer than he should be. But in all honesty, Steve was fighting with himself in his head. He couldn't believe what he saw... who he saw. He was more so angry with himself, why didn't he save Bucky when he had the chance?

They had all been forced into the back of an armored police truck. Steve continued staring coldly , "It was him... he looked right at me like he didn't even know me." He said flatly.

Sam looked around at everyone, "How is that even possible? It was, like... 70 years ago." He stated genuinely. 

Steve's blue eyes wondered over to Ivory who was silent as ever, staring at his feet. Steve knew exactly what he was feeling. But this was normal coming from Ivory, every time he was upset... he went mute.

Steve glanced back to the metal floor of the truck, "Zola—Bucky and Ivory's whole unit was captured in '43, Zola experimented on them. Whatever they did to Ivory, they did the same to Bucky. It must have helped him survive that fall... They must have found him and..." he explained sadly.

Natasha looked up slowly, "None of that's your fault, Steve... Ives, it's definitely not yours either. Stop beating yourself up about it." She mumbled weakly. It was obvious she wasn't doing well, thanks to her gunshot wound.

Ivory scoffed, "Yeah right." He whispered angrily to himself, rolling his eyes. It was his fault. It was all his fault, and he hated how everyone said it wasn't. He didn't get his ass up and help Steve on that damn train. He just sat there and watched. Like a little coward.

And all this time he thought Bucky was dead. That would have been the better outcome... as morbid as that sounds. Instead, Bucky was turned into a brainwashed assassin by Hydra. Forced to kill people in the name of their evil agenda. Ivory wouldn't wish that on anybody but himself. He felt guilty whether they liked it or not.

Sam looked back to Nat, noticing her wound getting worse, blood seeping out of it, "We need to get a doctor here, if we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out in this truck." He urgently demanded the guards.

One of the guards brought out a taser want, threateningly pointing it at Sam. The sudden movement made everyone freeze. The guard swung the wand, hitting the second guard in their chest— Electrocuting them. Then in one swift motion, the first guard kicked the other across the face, knocking them out.

'Uhhh." Ivory thought as he watched with wide eyes as the guard took off their helmet revealing it was Maria Hill the entire time, "Ah, that thing was squeezing my brain." She complained. Nobody said a word, just starring at her speechless. Agent Hill glanced at Sam, "Who's this guy?" She asked everyone.