26 | Fugatives

|||

|||

[Fugatives]

Ivory and Steve got suited up before making their first at through the building. Ivory could tell Steve was stressing out, he was practically speed walking as fast as he could. "Slow down, pal." Ivory mumbled. Steve ignored him, continuing to march his way through the S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters.

Someone immediately caught Ivory's eyes. The women from their apartment building, Kate? "Captain Rogers." She greeted as she walked past Steve and Ivory.

"Neighbor." Steve greeted back sassily. It honestly surprised Ivory. But he completely understood his reluctance.

That didn't stop Ivory from trying to lighten the mood, "Wow, Steve... as the kids say, sick burn." He joked.

Steve didn't at all find it amusing, "Shut up." He growled, sending Ivory a cold stare.

Ivory went straight faced, "Will do." He nodded, going quiet again.

"Oh, Captain... and Agent— I'm Alexander Pierce." He introduced himself, shaking Steve's hand and then Ivory's.

"Sir, it's an honor." Steve said.

"The honors mine, Captain... And I've heard to much about you, Agent Moore." Pierce smiled, it looked like he had a glint in his eye when he looked at Ivory, "My father served in the 101st, come on in." He added.

Ivory watched as Pierce started to take out photographs, handing them to Steve, "That photo was taken five years after Nick and I met, when I was at State Department in Bogota." He started explaining, "E.L.N. rebels took the embassy, and security got me out, but the rebels took hostages— Nick was Deputy Chief of the S.H.I.E.L.D. station there, and he comes to me with a plan... he wants to storm the building through the sewers and I said 'No, we'll negotiate.' Turned out the E.L.N. didn't negotiate, so they put out a kill order— They stormed the basement, and what do they find? They find it empty."

Ivory looked over Steve's shoulder at the pictures, Pierce walking back over from the other side of the room and sitting in front of them. Ivory and Steve taking a seat as well.

"Nick had ignored my direct order, and carried out an unauthorized military operation on foreign soil, and saved the lives of a dozen political officers... including my daughter." Pierce revealed.

"So you gave him a promotion." Steve suspected, looking up from the pictures.

Pierce smiled, "I've never had any cause to regret it— Captain, why was Nick in your apartment last night?" He said a bit more seriously. His happy demeanor changing in the split of a second.