7 | No Saviors

|||

|||

[No Savior's]

That morning Steve came along and woke Ivory up so they could both go to see Howard. Ivory didn't see much in himself, why he was even welcomed here in the first place. But he obviously couldn't refuse to meet Mr. Stark.

Ivory followed Steve into the building to a woman sat at a desk reading a newspaper, "Excuse me, we're looking for Mr. Stark." He said politely.

"He's in with Colonel Phillips." She said without looking up from the paper.

Steve just stood there awkwardly, Ivory decided to snoop around so he wondered off. Walking past a few shelf's here and there. Stopping at one, pulling some of the files from it... Ivory knew he shouldn't be looking at any of this, he didn't have the clearance. But he was curious on what was in these. But he unfortunately didn't get very far.

A voice from behind him caused Ivory to jump, "Private Moore." He turned around to see Steve and Miss Carter.

"Oh, hey there Agent Carter... Steve." He greeted awkwardly putting the files away quickly.

"Come along, boys." Peggy growled through gritted teeth, she was obviously very upset.

Ivory walked next to Steve, "What'd you do?" He whispered to Steve.

Steve didn't say anything. Ivory chose to leave it alone for now, but Steve definitely did something to upset the woman. Anyone could see that much.

As the continued there way through the hall Steve spoke up, "Peggy, that's not what you thought it was."

"I don't think anything, Captain— not one thing." She answers as she walked, "You always wanted to be a soldier, and now you are, just like all the rest." Her words echoed with hurt.

Steve was red in the face, "Well, what about you and Stark? How do I know you two haven't been fondue-ing?" He growled.

'Whoa... what the hell were they going on about?' Ivory thought as he looked back and forth between the two. He watched carefully as they all stopped walking.

Peggy turned and gave Steve a stern look, turning back around and walking towards the door, "You still don't know a bloody thing about women." She sighed.

That caused a small laugh to escape Ivory's lips, Steve hitting the man in the shoulder angrily, "Ow!" He barked lowly at the Super Soldier.