11 | Stranger Danger

|||

|||

[Stranger Danger]

|2012|

'All Personnel, the evacuation order has been confirmed— this is not a drill.' A voice echoed over the S.H.I.E.L.D. facility's intercom system.

Ivory had been dragged along by Fury, something about the Tesseract acting weird... whatever that means. He chose to not ask questions, and just do as the man said.

As the helicopter landed, Coulson waited patiently for Fury, Maria, And Ivory to exit the aircraft. One at a time they made their way towards the agent, "How bad is it?" Fury asked, stopping in front of Coulson.

Agent Coulson seemed nervous, "That's the problem, sir... we don't know." He answered truthfully, fidgeting as he tried his best to stay still.

Ivory could tell this was a lot more serious than they thought it was going to be, "What's the plan, sir?" Ivory asked

Fury didn't look at Ivory directly, "We go in, figure out just how bad this 'problem' is." He grumbled, walking ahead of the group for a second. Ivory nodded glancing at Maria who glanced back at him for a moment, eventually making their way to the elevator, taking it all the way down to the basement of the facility.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract— four hours ago." Coulson explained carefully, as they all walked side by side.

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to go to test phase." Fury said in a confused tone, giving Coulson a strange look.

Coulson shook his head, "He wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room— spontaneous event." He explained some more.

Ivory bit his tongue as he got lost in his own thoughts, 'the cube surely isn't just doing this on its own, Something has to be messing with it...' he thought to himself as he mindlessly walked beside his fellow agents.

"It just turned itself on?" Agent Hill genuinely asked.

Ivory decided to finally speak up, "No, no, no... something or someone had to of turned it on." He commented from behind everyone.

Fury and Coulson gave him a nervous look as they continued their way to the Tesseract, "Where are the energy levels now?" Fury asked Coulson.

"Climbing— when Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac." Coulson clarified.

"How long to get everyone out?" Furry questioned Coulson who thought for a second.