18 | Heroes?

|||

|||

[Heroes?]

"Nat, look at me. We have to go." Ivory tried to get through to the shaking Agent beside him. He had never seen her so scared.

Ivory had no idea what to do. He didn't want to just touch her when she was in this state... it could make it all worse. Suddenly the entire Helicarrier began to shake, feeling as if it was dropping down. That's when Fury's voice echoed into his ear, "It's Barton, he's headed for our detention level, does anybody copy?"

Natasha immediately put her hand to her earpiece, "This is Agent Romanoff, I copy." She replied, her voice shaking ever so slightly. In no time she was up— booking it to where she was needed. Ivory stood there puzzled for a second.

He didn't know whether to follow her or not, putting his hand to his ear, "I'm going in as Agent Romanoff's backup, permission, sir?" Ivory asked.

"Permission granted, Agent Moore." Fury said nonchalantly. Ivory nodded to himself, quickly running after Natasha.

"Stark, Steve, y'all okay over there?" Ivory asked, running to Natasha's side. Her eyes didn't stray from in front of her. As if she was in her own world.

"Engine one is down, we're losing altitude— we're on it." Tony responded, faster than expected. Loud sounds of scraping metal could be heard on his end.

Ivory let out a breathy laugh as he ran, "I hope so, I don't feel like crash landing today." He joked lightheartedly. Not getting another response.

It didn't take much longer for Ivory and Natasha to come up on Agent Barton. Nat didn't hesitate—walking right up to the man and grabbing his arm.

Ivory grabbed the pole on the railing, swinging himself to the other side of Barton. Grabbing the archers other hand, which Barton wasn't very happy about. The brainwashed Agent took his attention off of Natasha, Turing around and shooting an arrow at Ivory—grazing his side. Ivory hissed in pain, watching as Nat and Clint went onto the lower levels below them.

They were practically all over the place. Already a few feet away from Ivory. He watched as the two Agents fought each other with swift movements. Something Ivory was still working on. Agent Barton pulled out a blade—continuously trying to stab Nat.

Ivory jumped over to the other lower walkway, running up behind Barton. In one movement he went for the blade, gripping onto the brainwashed Agents wrist. Something Ivory didn't know was that Barton had taken out an arrow with his opposite hand. Twisting around and stabbing it into Ivory's side.