33 | Gear Up

|||

|||

[Gear Up]

They all gathered around the table. Steve standing with Ivory right next to him. The room dripped with emotions, mostly negative ones. Anger and betrayal radiated off of everyone. But for two men, sadness and confusion plagued their minds.

"This man declined the Nobel Peace Prize, he said peace wasn't an achievement, it was a responsibility. " Fury hissed as he held a picture of Pierce, throwing it down onto the table in front of him, "See, it's stuff like this that gives me trust issues." He added, looking around the room.

Natasha glanced over at him, "We have to stop the launch." She said softly.

"I don't think the Council's accepting my calls anymore." Fury returned, opening up a briefcase to reveal three microchips.

Sam titled his head, "What's that?" He asked.

Maria turned her laptop around, "Once the helicarriers reach 3,000 feet, they'll triangulate with insight satellites, becoming fully weaponized." She explained carefully.

Fury jumped in, "We need to breach those carriers and replace their targeting blades with our own." He added.

"One or two won't cut it, we need to link all three carriers for this to work— Because if even one of those ships remains operational, a whole lot of people are gonna die." Agent Hills face twisted with worry, turning back to Fury.

Fury nodded, "We have to assume everyone aboard those carriers is Hydra, we have to get past them, insert these server blades and maybe... just maybe we can salvage what's left." He disclosed.

Steve furrowed his eyebrows, "We're not salvaging anything." He barked loudly.

"Here we go..." Ivory mumbled, shifting his weight onto one foot.

Steve glared at Ivory before looking back at Fury, "We're not just taking down the carriers, Nick. We're taking down S.H.I.E.L.D." It sounded more like he was telling Fury, not asking.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. had nothing to do with this." Fury asserted, feeling taken aback by Steve's sudden outburst.

Steve pointed at Fury heatedly, "You gave me this mission. This is how it ends, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s been compromised. You said so yourself. Hydra grew right under your nose and nobody noticed." He growled angrily.

"Why do you think we're meeting in this cave? I noticed." Fury argued back.

"Bullshit." Ivory scoffed and rolled his eyes, getting a few glances in his direction. In Ivory's opinion, Fury didn't notice soon enough, and now they have to clean up the mess. It felt like this hell was never ending, and Ivory was becoming sick of it.