43 | Cradle

|||

|||

[Cradle]

"Cellular cohesion will take a few hours, but we can initiate the consciousness stream." Dr. Cho explained in detail, hooking Ultron up to the Cradle, "We're uploading your cerebral matrix now." She informed as the machine beeped.

Wanda watched the unformed body closely, "I can read him, he's... dreaming." She said softly, it was something she'd never felt before.

"I wouldn't call it dreams, it's Ultron's base consciousness. Information noise, soon—" Dr. Cho continued her rant, but was quickly cut off by the robotic man beside her.

"How soon? I'm not being pushy." Ultron blurted, putting his hand up.

Wanda went closer to the Cradle as Helen spoke, "We're imprinting a physical brain, there are no shortcuts... even if your magic gem..."

"Agggh!!" Wanda yelled out in pain, a vision of the world being destroyed plagued her mind. She backed away in fear of what she had seen, Pietro hurrying to her side. Wanda glanced up slowly at Ultron, "How could you?" She muttered lowly.

Ultron got up swiftly, "How could I what?" He mumbled, knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"Y-you said we would destroy the Avengers, make a better world." Wanda grieved, shaking slightly as she talked.

"It will be better." Ultron stated.

Wanda brows stitched together, "When everyone's is dead?" She interrogated.

"That is not..." Ultron's voice trailed off, thinking over what he should say, "The human race will have every opportunity to improve." He responded.

"And if they don't?" Pietro asked, holding onto his sister tightly.

Ultron tilted his head, "Ask Noah." He voiced creepily, referencing the character from the Bible.

"You are a madman." Wanda gasped, backing away closer to Pietro.

"There were more than a dozen extinction-level events before even the dinosaurs got theirs! When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it— And, believe me, he's winding up." Ultron elaborated, leaning down a bit, "We have to evolve... there's no room for— for the weak." He added darkly, caressing the Cradle.

Pietro shook his head, "And who decides who's weak?" He questioned.

Wanda discreetly waved her hand towards Dr. Cho, her hand glowing red. Helen broke away from the mind control she was under. Her eyes clearing ever so slightly.

"Life, Life always decides." Ultron chuckled, pausing for moment and looking around with his guard up, "There's incoming— The Quinjet, we have to move." He announced.