28 | Nonexistent

|||

|||

[Nonexistent]

The three of them walked side by side, slowly making their way through the mall. Steve nervously glanced around while Nat and Ivory kept their heads forward, "First rule of going on the run is don't run, walk." The red head said lowly.

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." Steve cautioned, facing forward like the other two.

Natasha led the boys to a nearby electronic store. All three of them walking up to one of the lap tops on display, "The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up S.H.I.E.L.D. will know exactly where we are." She mumbled, furrowing her eyebrows as she typed.

Ivory hovered over Nats shoulder watching as she readied everything, "I could try to override the system... but that would take too long— We don't have that much time." He huffed. They had no choice but to do all this as fast as they could.

Steve raised a brow, "And how much time do we have?" He asked.

"Um, About nine minutes from...." Nat plugged the drive into the port, "Now— Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something... This drive is protected by some sort of A.I. It keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands." She explained.

"Can you override it?"

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me... slightly." Natasha added, "Ives, you wanna have a go?" She questioned, giving him a little glance.

Ivory wasn't sure if he was capable, "I told you, this might take too long." He replied.

"Well, it's worth a try." Steve shrugged.

Natasha moved out of the way giving Ivory space, "Okay, okay.... Here we go." He whispered as he started to type, "This is tough, I'm not exactly future tech savvy— I'm gonna run a tracer, this is a program S.H.I.E.L.D developed to track hostile malware, if we can't read the file, we still might be able to find out where it came from."

"Can I help you guys with anything?" A worker interrupted, making all three of them jump.

Natasha acted fast, "Oh, no. My fiancé and his best friend were just helping me with some honeymoon destinations." She smiled giddily, grabbing Steve around his shoulder and hugging him.

Steve froze before speaking, "Right.... We're getting married." He awkwardly smile to the worker, trying his best to play along.