Part II: Chapter Fourteen

C H R I S T O P H E R POV:

There's not an explanation for things. I don't think I'm the bad guy. I feel completely gutted now because I am being treated like I did something wrong. When that's clearly not true. The truth is, I know that I'm right. Is it so wrong that I'm ready to want to date someone? I actually have never been so embarrassed in my life as much as I was last night. Emma showing up like she still lived here. I mean, she gave up living here. She wanted to go live in her father's house. So why show up here wanting to talk to me? And she shouldn't have judged me for knowing Lindsey by hooking up. And it's not my fault that her dad died. How was I supposed to know that he would be shot in the pouring rain of a parking lot in the night? How the fuck was I supposed to know? It's bad enough that I don't have a single memory of her and she's in my life. What else does Emma expect me to do?

I don't care what Emma thinks or says. I'm obviously going to just pretend she doesn't exist. Emma is not letting go of me. That's what it was. And to be honest, I don't fucking care. She can look at me like she wants me every day. And it's actually sad. But I don't like that girl who is my stepsister. I might as well just say no whenever I see her walking in my direction. But I don't need to worry about her. Because I had a date with Lindsey that I actually enjoyed by the way. I could tell it wasn't the worst thing to ever have happen to me. Having Lindsey over last night was the best thing that ever happened to me.

  I had thoughts running in my head. I thought about last night. I was thinking of every conversation I had with Lindsey. She told me about her dream to be a great artist. And the talk about going to school in New York. And now I keep thinking about Lindsey actually leaving here and going back to New York in April. And that might actually kill me. But maybe, just maybe I can convince her before she leaves to stay here and transfer schools to here in Los Angeles. There's a good art program right in USC. One of the best art programs is there and I heard of it because I used to study for every art college back when I was fifteen. I wanted to go into art school myself. But waking up out of a coma and to learn I'm in law school, it breaks me. I'm not living my dream. But Lindsey is living hers. Why the hell would I want to be a fucking lawyer?

I was lying in the bed right where Lindsey was. And she was sleeping on my chest so soundly. And I actually adored her like this. And I wanted to take the peace in for quite a few minutes. And of course, I had stared at the bedroom, wondering what's to happen once Lindsey leaves through that door? Is she going to leave and go somewhere else? I'm actually trying to figure it out. But here she was, lying on me peacefully that I was a little bit jealous and nervous.

I looked over at the clock that said eight thirty. And so, I had gotten up, slowly and immediately Lindsey, rolled over and she had wrapped the sheet over her completely. I had gotten down collecting my boxers and sweatpants to just put on. And once I had clothes on, Lindsey rolled over to look at me. Her naked back being revealed to me. She sat in the bed, the sheet wrapped around her and she looked directly at me.

"Good morning." Lindsey smiled, looking at me and she took her hair lifting it up as if she was putting a bun in her hair.

"Good morning, beautiful." I stared right at her, just as I heard the rain pouring outside.

"Hey, umm... I just want to say last night was perfect, beautiful and amazing. And if it's okay... I would like to do this again." She had the brightest smile on her face, and I had sat on the edge of the bed where she was and I saw her smile and she looked like a pretty model that you might see on a Vogue cover to a magazine.

"Of course, Lindsey." I chuckled, and she looked at me directly and the look in her eyes was beautiful. "I want to do this again. Maybe today... if your down for it. Let's say... at that café place. It's got good pastries in all of L.A."