CHAPTER 12

I WAS BUSY talking to my brother, who was apparently standing beside me, when a loud squeal from a woman filled my ear.

“Now, please join me in welcoming the firstborn of Mr. Romero. The ever-dazzling, handsome Mr. Glenn Klay Valeria Romero, one of the country's most eligible bachelors and a leading figure in today's generation. He's the owner of the incredible Royal Village real estate empire, and is ranked sixth on the list of the world's wealthiest individuals. Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to Mr. Romero!”

People around me are clapping, as are his friends. A lot of media are busy taking pictures of him, and there are some women shouting as well. They have this very manipis na boses na parang mga daga while making papansin kay Glenn.

Napatitig naman ako sa kanya until I clearly saw his face, including the clothes that he's wearing right now. The spotlight landed on him, and the intensity of the moment made me literally swallow my own tongue.

The moment my eyes met his red tux, a thrill shot through me. He walked with an impassive expression, his seriousness almost at odds with his drop-dead gorgeous looks. I kept taking deep breaths, trying to calm myself, until I saw him standing beside his parents.

Iniwas ko ang paningin sa makasalanan niyang face. Pahigpit na ng pahigpit ang hawak ko sa purse na dala-dala. Why does he's wearing a red tuxedo? If I'm not mistaken, ganyan din yong clothes na suot ng isang lalaki na nag send sa'kin kanina sa Insta. The style, the design—holy shit, sana mali ang iniisip ko.

Napakagat labi naman ako nang magtagpo ang mga mata namin sa isa't isa. My heart pounded erratically as he walked towards me. Titig na titig ako sa bawat kilos at lakad niya.

His gaze was so deep, so penetrating, that I felt a lump form in my throat and swallowed involuntarily.

“Stop staring at me,” -bulong niya nang makalapit. “You look so beautiful.”

Syet.

“Hey, man,” -bati niya kay John na parang wala lang. “Where's Tyler and Khazariah?”

Hindi ko na sya pinakinggan when he started a conversation with my brother. Masyado ng malakas ang pintig ng puso ko.

I can't believe he kissed me on the cheek. How could he seriously do this kind of affectionate gesture in front of my brother?  And take note, maraming media ang nakapalibot samin.

What if they mis-understand it?

“You know, Daya, if you want to kiss me, just say so,” -aniya. “You want to taste my lips?”

“A-Ang kapal talaga ng face mo.”

Napatitig ako sa clothes niya. “Ginagago mo ba ako ngayon, Romero?”

“Mm? Why the hell would I do that?”

“You're wearing a red tuxedo,” -I emphasized the second and last word. “A red damn tuxedo, Glenn Klay. Please tell me you're not the man who I'm thinking right now.”

“Oh?” -may ngisi sa labi na nakipagtitigan sya sa'kin. “So, you're thinking of me?”

My brows furrowed. “Don't be so papansin nga. Someone sent me a pic of a man wearing a red tux and it's exactly the clothes you're wearing.”

“Ah huh?” -he chuckled. “Ano namang kinalaman ko dun?”

“Ikaw ba si GK?” -deritsahang tanong ko.

Kapagkuwan ay napaisip ako sa name niya.

“Oh my gosh,” -ilang beses akong napakurap-kurap. I even covered my mouth using my hands. “G stand for Glenn and K stand for Klay.”