mortality

(This one is going to be a bit shorter)

Sometimes Crowley wished to be human.
To not have an eternal lifespan.
Perhaps to see what family really was. He did have one, Aziraphale. But it was still different.
Sometimes he wished to grow old, to die of old age.
To be able to look up at the sky and see more than just a blur of black and blue. To maybe even have a child with Aziraphale. Maybe even grandchildren.
Crowley didn't ask to be an Angel. Or a Demon. It was never a choice to be like this. Do what you're told or be destroyed.
But he wished to be human because they were naive to the higher power. Which allowed them to live at least more at ease than the Angels and Demons.
Crowley was aware of the horrible things that some of the humans did. But he knew of the amazing things that some of them did.
All Crowley wanted was more of a life than his life was.
To dream of the things he could do. Rather than hide behind society's choices. Rather than hide so they don't find out his status.
Aziraphale wished this too. But for different reasons.
He wished to be with Crowley.
All he wanted was to live freely, without rules or having to go by a plan.
Aziraphale wanted to live by his own rules. But now, he needed to live by the ineffable plan. He needed to stop Armageddon so the humans could live the way that the two of them wanted to.