The Bug Collector

Back in the eighties, Aziraphale thought it would be fun to picnic for whatever reason.
     Crowley despised this idea but he did whatever the Angel wanted.
     "Isn't this fun, Crowley?" Aziraphale said through the biggest smile while they nibbled on a crepe.
     "I feel like whenever we eat out you always find a way to bring crepes." Crowley muttered. He said "ick" as he desperately wiped ants off his legs.
     Aziraphale smiled gently and patted the demon on the shoulder.
    The blanket they were sitting on was the stereotypical red and white checkered blanket with frizzled edges.
     The demon was disgusted by bugs much to Aziraphales surprise. "How long have I known you and I didn't know you were afraid of bugs."
     "I am not afraid of bugs," Crowley scowled with a face, "I just don't enjoy them is all."
     Crowley jumped quickly after as a bee showed up.
     "You know they can't sting us right, dear." Crowley said, suppressing his giggle.
     "Shut up!" She huffed at the Angel.
     Crowley hit his shoe to get an ant off of it, the only thing happening was him crushing it. "Ew ew ew get it off!"
     Aziraphale laughed as he used a napkin to wipe it up. "You can't just go around killing the bugs, Crowley."
     "Why not?"
     "Well because it's quite rude." Aziraphale said as he sat straightly, with quite good posture.
     Meanwhile Crowley was slouching, it looked quite uncomfortable.
     The Angel performed a little miracle to block the bugs from Crowley.
     The Angel ate his crepes and looked at the demon. "Why aren't you eating dear?"
     "I haven't been much fond of eating since the seventies." Crowley said, fixing the rather odd scarf she was wearing.
     "Why not?"
     "Don't know." Crowley said, trying to push the conversation away.
     Aziraphale, catching this, changed the subject, "Well, how about we go back to the bookshop? That lovely lady at the record store just got some Queen records?"
     Crowley suddenly beamed and quickly got up at the word "Queen."
     "Yes, please." Crowley said, trying to seem less excited.

From then on, Crowley noticed he never saw a bug again. He didn't mind it, as he certainly was frightened of bugs.
     By the 2000's he forgot they ever showed up around him. She thought of himself as some sort of bug repellent now perhaps.
     Except of course when he was around Beelzebub. Then he was never able to avoid the flies.
     Whenever he was on Earth though, there was not a bug to be found.
     But that changed when Aziraphale left. He noticed then that bugs would be all around him again.
     He was confused why they suddenly started showing up around him again. Well, that was until he pieced it together of course.
     Aziraphale put a spell on Crowley to keep the bugs away. All because of that one picnic in the 1980s.
     For Crowley did cry when he realized this.
     As then he knew the Angel was looking after him. After that, he embraced the bugs. As now he was less afraid of them, more of a reminder of the lover he once had. The love he never knew he had until it was gone.