Help

Cody's Pov -

I read the message, not even knowing what to think. My eyes scanned over it again and again, but I couldn't compute what he meant. Until I actually realized it.

Oh Shit.

I ran out of my room as quickly as I could and busted out of the front door. I ran down the street to Noah's house. The streetlights flickered on and off. I approached the door, jiggling the door handle. I attempted to open the door, yet it didn't even budge. I heard a window open from the back of the house. Noah's room. I ran to the side of the house and fiddled with the lock of the backyard door. I heard something slip out of the window, and I moved my hands faster. The second I opened the door, I heard something hit the ground with a terrifying crack.

Oh god.

I ran around the backside of the house, frantically searching the backyard.

"Noah!" I whisper shouted. I heard something mobs behind an overgrown rose bush. I took a deep breath, preparing myself for the horrors I knew I would find on the other side. Instead, ai found an unconscious Noah, still breathing.

"Oh thank god," I whispered, approaching him slowly. "Noah..?"

I shook him slightly. His leg was still stuck in the bush. I pulled it out, physically gagging at what I saw. His leg was bruised, scratched, and the worst part, bent in the entire wrong direction. I took a step back, not sure of what to do. I couldn't just leave him here, nor could I go inside, all of the doors were locked. I pulled him over to a small patch of grass, off of the concrete. I paced back and forth a moment, not entirely sure of what I should do. I just sat there for a minute, staring at Noah.

Eventually, his legs began to twitch. I looked up and saw Noah slowly start to wake up. His eyes opened quickly, and he looked over at me. Then down at his mangled leg.

"EUGH." Noah spat. "WHAT THE HECK DID I DO TO MY LEG."

"Don't ask me!" I shouted. "You're the one who jumped out a window.

"Oh yeah."

He looked around for a minute.

"Well that didn't work."

"What didn't work?"

"Nothing." Noah quickly glanced around to look for something else to talk about. "The moon is really nice tonight!"

"Noah, don't tell me you-"

"Tell you I did what?"

I looked at my feet. "Jumped out the window on purpose."

Noah rolled his eyes. "Such a detective. You deserve an award."

I slapped my forehead. "Noah, why did you jump out a window."

Noah seemed to be avoiding that question as well, because he just shrugged.

"Noah, answer me."

Noah just looked around, avoiding eye contact.

I sat up to leave, then he answered me.

"Maybe because I wanted to die? Why would I just jump out a window for fun!"

I whirled back around to Noah who was staring at me.

"What?!"

"Uhhh.." Noah glanced around. "I don't really wanna repeat myself."

"Why." I said sternly.

"Uhh.." Noah stalled again. "Because I thought you hated me..?"

My eyes grew wide. "You jumped out a window because you thought I didn't love you?"