Stupidity

Cody's Pov -

When I woke up the next morning, I felt someone's hand running through my hair. I sat up quickly and saw Noah behind me.

"Finally, you're up." He said. "You cried all night, even in your sleep. So I just came in here with you."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, and? So what if I was crying. I was completely fine."

"You clearly weren't," Noah explained. "You didn't look okay at all."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say." I fell back down, attempting to go back to sleep. Noah stayed where he was, not even bothering to move.

"Can you please just go!" I shouted to Noah.

"Fine, fine! I'll go."

Noah got up from the bed and walked towards the door. He opened it, gave me one last look, then stepped out. I slammed my head back onto my pillow.

{ Time Skip }

I had fallen back asleep again, and when I woke up it was three in the afternoon. I felt like shit, I didn't want to move at all. So I made the logical decision of staying in the same position and staring at the wall. I finally sat up, stepping out of the door. I opened it to see Noah standing right in front of me.

"Oh, uh, I was just gonna check on you, you've been asleep for a while."

I looked at him awkwardly. "Thanks I guess?" I sat up and grabbed a jacket that had been laying next to the bed and put it on.

"That's mine, I was hoping if you could maybe give it back-"

"No." I walked passed Noah and down the stairs. I opened the front door and stepped out onto the sidewalk. I walked down th street, and I could hear Noah behind me.

"Cody! Cody wait!" He called out from behind me. "Where are you going!"

I didn't answer him, I just kept walking. I heard his shoes behind me, running after me.

"Cody, wait!"

I felt someone tug on my arm. I immediately knew it was Noah. I turned around to face him.

"What."

"Listen, I know you're mad about the whole Ben situation still, but can't we at least talk about it?"

I glared at Noah.

"I'm trying to help you," He said.

"Look, I don't want your help."

I tried to turn around and walk away, but Noah pulled my face towards his, kissing me. Despite how fucking mad I was, I kissed him back.

Noah pulled away, smiling at me.

"That didn't fix shit." I snapped at him.

"Sorry?"

I had completely forgotten we were standing out on a sidewalk, because a lady across the street with her two kids was staring at us.

"Let's just, uh, go back." Noah said. He grabbed my hand, and pulled me back towards his house. We entered the house and walked upstairs, walking into my room.

I sat back down on the bed, half tempted to go back to sleep. Instead, I simply pulled out a pair of headphones, and starting listening to music.

Noah's Pov -

I left Cody's room and entered my own. I sat down on my bed, picking up and book and reading it. After a few minutes my door opened to reveal Cody outside of it. He pulled his headphones off of his head.

"Look, uh, Im sorry about earlier," Cody said, halfway apologetic. He walked in and sat next to me. He laid his head on my shoulder. "I didn't mean to get angry or any other stupid shit I did. I just felt like you did way too much, you know?"

I closed the book. "I just really care about you, Cody. I really fucking do. And any time someone tries to hurt you or anything, well, you see what happens."

"Maybe, manage that a different way? Instead of stabbing someone in the shoulder.."

I looked up. "Yeah, you're right."

Cody grabbed my hand. I continued to stare at the ceiling, until I looked down and saw that Cody had fallen asleep. I just let him stay where he was, asleep on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder until I fell asleep as well.

{ Kind of a short chapter, I didn't have many ideas }