Stalker (pt. 2)

Cody's Pov -

I was terrified when Noah showed me the picture. It got worse when Noah told me whoever it was was in my house.

"My ... house?" I whispered. "You mean, like, actually inside my house?"

"How else did they get that picture!"

I looked around my room, both out of stress and searching for any hidden cameras. "Do you think one of my parents put a camera in my room or something?"

"That's really weird if they did," Noah said. "I mean, that's way to overprotective if they actually did it.."

I smirked at Noah. "Can we get my plastic baseball bats out of my closet from when I was five and search the house for this stalker?"

"That was oddly specific.." Noah trailed off. "But yes. If they take one more picture or video of us I will actually kill them."

I ran over to my closet and pulled out two plastic baseball bats. "You get the rainbow one 'cause you're gay."

I handed Noah the bat colored a rainbow pattern. He just stared at me, before sighing and walking to the door. I opened it slowly, careful not to make any noise. Noah and I crept down the stairs, searching for any clues.

"Do you see anything?" I whispered.

"No," Noah replied. We walked around the house more, yet there were no signs anyone had been there. I checked behind every piece of furniture except the ones in the kitchen. That was the place I looked next.

Noah wasn't very far behind me. As I was walking passed the pantry, a spider crawled out from under the door. I jumped onto Noah, screaming like a toddler.

"Cody, it's just a spider." Noah remarked. "It's not a big deal."

"You're not scared of spiders?!"

"Why would I be?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flash coming from a crack in the pantry door.

"Did you see that?" I asked Noah.

"That flash? It's probably nothing."

I thought it was nothing until Noah's phone went off.

"Wait. Open that up." I said, pointing to Noah's phone. He grabbed it and opened the message. Sure enough, it was a picture of us taken less that a few second ago.

"What angle is that taken from?" Noah asked, showing me the picture. I looked at it, and as far as I could tell it came from the pantry, right where the crack in the door was positioned.

"...Is he in there?" I said in a hushed voice. Noah gripped the baseball bat and slowly approached the door.

"Be prepared," Noah warned me. "This could be anyone."

I took a step back, and Noah placed his hand on the door handle. He opened it quickly and began to hit whoever was in there with the bat as hard as he could.

"Ow—shit—what the fuck!"

Noah stepped back and I saw his face drop.

"Cody I would take the bat from me before I actually kill him."

"Who even is it!" I shouted.

"I'll explain later. Just take this thing so I don't commit murder."

Noah's Pov -

"Noah, just tell me who this is!" Cody insisted, stepping in front of the door. "Uh, who are you?"

The guy inside the pantry rolled his eyes. "Ask your boyfriend there, I'm sure he'll know."