Ch 10: Battle Cannon Band

Before the night of end the celebrations. Miho orders her Ooarai Battalion Symphonic Concert and Marching Band. Also commonly known as the "Battle Cannon Band" for their habit to play music even in battle. Would perform a good music concert for the Marines.

Dustin approves it as preparations began.

The band members set up their instruments, tuned them meticulously, and adjusted their uniforms. They had practiced long and hard to ensure a memorable show for their new Marine friends.

When the moment arrived, the band struck up a powerful and lively concert, playing a variety of songs, from martial marches to uplifting melodies. The music echoed through the Mistral Base, filling the air with patriotic and heartwarming tunes that resonated with the Marines. The crowd gathered to watch, and Marines from all walks of life enjoyed the performance, some even dancing and clapping to the rhythm.

Miho herself, dressed in a formal military uniform, took the conductor's stand and led the band through the performance with grace and enthusiasm. The Marines cheered and clapped as each piece came to a close, showing their appreciation for the exceptional display.

The concert culminated in a rousing rendition of the Marine Corps Hymn, and the entire base joined in singing, creating a powerful and emotional moment of unity. It was a fitting tribute to the United States Marine Corps and a celebration of the strong bonds formed that day.

The "Battle Cannon Band" delivered a spectacular performance, playing a repertoire of songs that encompassed various musical traditions and celebrated the spirit of camaraderie and unity among the Marines and their allies. Here's a summary of some of the most commonly played songs:

"Preußens Gloria": A Prussian military march, representing valor and tradition.

"Radetzky Marsch": A lively and iconic piece composed by Johann Strauss Sr., celebrating the Austrian Field Marshal Radetzky.

"Yorksher Marsch": A popular Yorkshire regimental march.

"Ode to Joy": Beethoven's masterpiece, expressing universal brotherhood and shared joy.

"Westerwaldlied": A German folk song, celebrating the beautiful Westerwald region.

"Battle Hymn of the Republic": A powerful and patriotic American hymn.

"Battle Cry of Freedom": A Civil War-era song, evoking the struggle for liberty and unity.

"Yankee Doodle": A classic American tune with a lively and humorous character.

"Over There": A World War I song by George M. Cohan, expressing the excitement of going overseas to fight for freedom.

"The Marine's Hymn": The official hymn of the United States Marine Corps, instilling pride and honor.

"Jacques Schnee has only got one ball": A humorous parody song, showcasing the band's sense of humor.

"Ode to Joy": Returning to Beethoven's classic, emphasizing the universal themes of unity and joy.

"Panzerlied": A well-known German military song, highlighting armored warfare.

Each song had its own unique message and resonance, contributing to the overall atmosphere of celebration, unity, and appreciation for the bonds shared between the Marines and their allies. It was a musical experience that brought people from different backgrounds and cultures together, strengthening their camaraderie and deepening their understanding of one another.

As the "Battle Cannon Band" reached the grand finale of their concert, they began to play the magnificent and awe-inspiring "1812 Overture" by Tchaikovsky. The crowd watched in anticipation, knowing that something special was in store for them.