32

When JJ's alarm went off for her morning run I got up with her. "Angel go back to bed I'll be back in an hour, I promise." She whispered, kissing my forehead.

"I wanna go with you."

"I don't really think you would like it."

"I'll try." She gave a hesitant nod. "What is it?" She walked away but I grabbed her wrist gently, tugging her back.

"I don't want you to collapse again."

"I won't."

"You have to eat something before we go."

"Ok." I nodded and she smiled, kissing my cheek. I blushed and let her go make breakfast.

She simply made me some cereal and we both sat down at our table while eating it, sitting next to each other, legs touching.

After I was done I rested my head on her shoulder. "You can still go back to bed you know." I shook my head.

"It's good for you right? Mental and physical health. I want to get better." The for you was silent. I didn't know if that's what she could tell I meant, but I know it hurt her to see me like this and I wanted to force myself to get better, no matter what it took.

"Ok." She kissed the top of my head and we got ready.

Once we were 2 miles in I had to stop jogging. "Jesus you run fast." She laughed and stopped with me, stretching. "I'm gonna take a little break, you can keep going."

"What's the point of having a run partner if you don't run with them?"

"I don't want to hold you back. How far do you normally run?"

"The whole thing." My jaw dropped.

"Six miles...what?" She laughed and grabbed my hand, pulling me up to stand straight.

"Come on baby. We can rest for a second." I nodded.

"That would be good."

"Are you feeling ok? Are you lightheaded or anything?" She asked sincerely, putting her hand on my back as we walked slowly.

"A bit."

"Let's sit down." We made our way to the nearest bench and sat down. "Drink some water." She handed me her water bottle. "You don't have to do this-"

"I need to."

"Honey-"

"I need to."

"Ok." We stood up and started running again.

When we got back home JJ and I took a bath together. I leaned back against her front and splashed the water around. "You're literally a five year old."

"You still love me though."

"You're right about that." She hugged me tightly from behind and kissed all over the side of my face. I laughed and splashed water back on her. "You did not!" She gasped.

"I did." She splashed water in my face and it got all over the floor.

"You made a mess."

"I'm not the only one that makes messes around here."

"What's that supposed to mean? I'm not messy...oh." She laughed and kissed down my neck. "You're so horny all the time." I told her.

"I can't help it." I laughed and turned around. She pouted since I wasn't in her arms anymore. I got on top of her and straddled her though. She stared down at my breasts.

"Don't get too comfortable." I told her, putting my arms around her. She put her arms around me and I took in her warmth. I nuzzled my nose into her neck and smiled against her neck.

She moaned softly as I hugged her tighter. I pulled away and her eyes widened. "Sorry."

"Don't apologize. It was cute." I kissed her collarbone and then went back to leaning into her from behind.

She caressed my stomach and kissed my shoulder. "I'm glad you came to run with me. It gets a bit lonely."

"I don't understand how you run that fast. 6 miles at a 10 minute pace?" She shrugged.

"It's my chosen method of exercise."

"Chosen methods of exercise are overrated. Sprinting after serial killers every week and running up and down stairs daily is enough for me." She laughed. "But if we can do this after every run, I'll come with you every time."

"That would be nice." She agreed. "But we don't just have to go on runs to do this."

"Thank God." She kissed my shoulder and took a deep breath. "I love you." She mumbled against my skin.

"I love you." I splashed her again and we went back to sitting in a comfortable silence.