28

JJ and I were driving back home from a really hard case. We had barely said a word to each other but it was ok, it was a comfortable silence. It was a bit overwhelming for me since it was my first case back and I didn't really expect to jump back into it like that but it was ok. "Are you ok?" I asked JJ while she was driving.

"Yeah. Just tired, you?" She looked at me while stopped at a red light. I nodded and gave her a small smile. She returned it and held her hand out for me to hold. A loving warmth spread throughout my body, appreciating her fully in this moment. I held her hand and she squeezed mine. I almost wanted to cry from how nice she was being.

"Jayje...how do you get through hard cases like this?" I asked. "Because I still don't seem to have that down." She parked the car and we got out.

"Honestly, I have no idea." She sighed. "Sometimes it gets to me and sometimes it doesn't, I think it's dependent on the headspace I'm in during the case." I nodded.

"That makes sense." We rode up the elevator and walked through our apartment door, both sighing as we put our bags on the counter.

Without warning she kissed me, passionately. It nearly knocked me off my feet. I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed back, trying to make the kiss a bit more gentle. I wasn't in the mood to do anything right now.

She cupped my face in her hands and only pulled away when she was out of breath. She stared down at my lips and her hands ran down my sides. Her eyes flickered back up my lips as her hands traveled to the buttons of my blouse. "Jayje...I'm not in the mood right now." She nodded and put her arms around my waist, placing slow loving kisses down my neck.

I brought our lips back together for a loving, gentle kiss. We both smiled into it and she stole another one. I rested my forehead against hers and took a deep breath. She tucked my ear and put her hands on my face again, caressing my cheeks before pulling me into a hug that we both definitely needed.

She picked me up with my legs around her waist, holding me up while holding me. I smiled into her neck and didn't let go. It just felt really nice. "You all right there angel?" She asked, kissing my cheek. I blushed and nuzzled my nose into her neck.

"Yeah. This just feels nice, that's all."

"Yeah, it is nice. Do you want to go to bed? It's pretty late." I nodded and she carried me to bed, setting me down gently and climbing on top of me, kissing me again. I put my hand on the side of her neck and caressed it softly, melting into the kiss.

When she pulled away for air she kissed my forehead before lying down next to me. "I just want to kiss you everywhere." She said breathlessly.

"Tomorrow?" I offered. She smiled and pulled me into her.

"Tomorrow."

I woke up to light feathery kisses on my stomach. I let out a soft moan at the feeling and looked down to see JJ kissing me. I smiled down at her and she smiled up at me, bringing her head up so she could kiss me sweetly. "Can I take your shirt off?" I nodded. "I won't do any funny business unless you tell me to, don't worry." I already knew she wouldn't but hearing it was reassuring.

She just kissed across my whole upper body, not missing a spot. My stomach did flips and I was full of bliss, my mind feeling fuzzy as I continued to just let out soft moans.

Once she was done she rested her head on my chest and I put my arms around her. "I love you." I told her.

"I love you."