Chapter 28: oh fuck

Garrett

~~~~~~~~

I walk through the front doors of my house with my suitcase and backpack. I just got back from dropping Tay-Tay off at her apartment. We landed pretty late but it wasn't late for my roommates who were screaming at the TV in the living room while they watched The Devils and The Bruins game.

They all look at me as I walk in.

"Garrett!!!" Chris cheers as he runs up to me and hugs me.

"I was only gone for 2 weeks." I tell him as he lets go of me.

"No, it's been 2 years, Garrett. You were brainwashed." He says as he takes his hands and does some weird movements with them in my face.

I look at him like he's crazy.

"Are you high or sober?" I ask

"What do you think?" He asks.

"Sober." I answer.

He smiles and nods.

I put my bags by the stairs before I walk into the living room and fall down on the couch next to Jake.

"Hey, how was your break?" I ask.

"Good, pretty boring." He says.

I look at Brennen who hasn't even acknowledged me yet.

"How was your break, Brennen?" I speak up.

"Fine." He says as he keeps his eyes on the Tv.

"How were your parents?" Chris asks me.

"Shitty. My fucking dad attacked me for bringing Taylor." I say.

"You took Tay-Tay?" He asks in shock.

I nod.

"I took her to my grandparents lake house." I begin, which finally gets Brennen's attention, "We slept together." I admit.

Chris cheers but I don't take my eyes off Brennen.

He was pissed. Not because I won, but because it was me and Taylor now. We were together and he didn't want that, he wanted to be with her.

"Is she in love with you?" He asks.

"Yup." I say.

I wanted him to know that he couldn't have her, I know it was a dick move but I didn't want him to think he'd be able to get with her. She was mine.

He gets up and walks out of the room. It was silent.

No one said anything else.

~~~~~~~

I stare at the line of pucks I put across the ice and smirk. I glance at the goal and then look back at the first puck in line. I skate up to the first puck and get a good view of what angle I needed to hit it in order to make it straight into the goal.

Once I figure it out, I back away from the line and grip my stick.

3,2,1.

I kick off the ice with all my force and start slamming each of the pucks into the goal until I reach the other side of the rink, not missing a single puck.

I smirk as I look at the goal which had a bunch of pucks in it.

"Wow, that's impressive." I hear her voice.