Chapter 7: butterflies

Taylor

~~~~~~~~~~

I sit in the passenger seat of Garrett Gray's car as he drives me somewhere. No idea where. I couldn't stop thinking about what he said earlier at the restaurant. Why did he care so much about what I thought of him? I've been in his class since the beginning of the year and he never even looked my way. We were strangers. Now all of a sudden he's so invested in my opinion on him.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Almost there." he says.

I sigh as we turn into a neighborhood street. His neighborhood.

"Are you serious?" I ask as we pull into his driveway.

"I want you to meet my roommates." He smiles as he turns the car off.

I groan as I step out of the car.

He walks me to the front door and we both walk in. My ears are filled with the sound of music.

Garrett leads me into the kitchen and I see 3 guys. And one who was only wearing his boxers.

"Guys, meet Tay-Tay. My new best friend." Garrett says as he throws his arm over my shoulder.

"It's Taylor." I correct.

"I like Tay-Tay better." The almost naked guys smirked.

"That's Chris," Garett says, "Dude, put clothes on." He adds.

"Never." Chris says.

"You already know Jake," Garrett says as he points to his friend.

I nod.

"And that's Brennen." He says as he points to a tall black-haired guy.

I smile at him and he nods.

"Alright, now that introductions are done. Do you want a beer Tay-Tay?" Garrett asks as he opens the fridge.

"Sure." I say.

"Hey, Tay-Tay. Come play some pool with us." Brennen calls.

I follow him and the others to the massive pool table in the mansion while Garrett gets my drink for me. I thank Brennen as he hands him a pool stick.

"Have you ever played before?" He asks.

"I tried, but I suck ass." I tell him.

"Brennen, why don't you show her how to play since you're an expert at 8 ball," Chris says.

Brennen chuckles before grabbing my pool stick and holding it as if he were about to hit the balls.

"Alright just hold it like this and make sure to use your dominant hand and spread the thumb and pointer finger out." He explains before handing the stick to me.

I tried to copy the way he held it but failed, miserably.

"Like this, doll face." He says as he comes close to me and wraps his arms around me, moving my hands to the correct spots.

I feel butterflies in my stomach as he helps me.

Holy fuck.