Chapter 31: forget it all

Taylor

~~~~~~~

I stare at the clock as it slowly ticks. Why does time move so slowly?

It was 2 in the morning and all I could think about was Garrett.

I miss him, I miss his stupid jokes, I miss his lips, his hands, his voice. Everything. I missed all of him.

I roll over and try to find a better position but nothing worked.

I sit up and run my fingers through my hair and groan.

How could I miss someone who saw me as a game?

I love you today, tomorrow, forever.

He lied. Straight to my face.

I lay back down in bed and tears started to run down my face. And I just cry myself to sleep.

~~~~~~

I walk out of the library and make my way down the huge stairs when I see Chris walking up.

"Tay-Tay, hey." He says.

I look at him and force a smile.

"Hey, Chris." I say.

"How are you?" He asks.

"I'm good, how about you?" I ask.

"I'm fine." He says.

I nod, we don't say anything for a minute.

"Uh, we'll I should get-" He cuts me off.

"He really misses you, he's been a wreck. He's been getting wasted every night." He blurts out. I sigh and shake my head.

"Bye Chris." I say before I walk down the stairs and make my way to my car.

I didn't want to hear anything about Garrett. I was done.

I drive back home and grab some leftover chinese food from the fridge and fall down on the living room couch. I put Gilmore Girls on and just sit there watching tv just as Lily walks out of her room.

She looks at me and smiles before sitting next to me.

"Hey." I say.

"Hi, how are you doing?" She asks.

I shrug.

"I ran into Chris at the library and he told me that Garrett's been getting wasted every night." I told her.

She looks at me and I look at her.

"Should I be worried?" I ask her.

"I don't know." She gives me a sad look.

I knew I shouldn't care, he can't be trusted.

I sigh before focusing my attention back to the tv but all I could think about was how I wished Garrett was with me. Making his stupid jokes at the worst times or how'd we make out every time the theme song played. But now, I just hit the skip button.

The doorbell rings and me and Lily look at the door.

She gets up and opens the door to reveal Jake.

"Lily-" She cuts him off by slamming the door in his face.

I can't help but laugh a little.

She looks at me and giggles.

"You know, you don't have to be mad at him. He wasn't a part of it, it was Brennen and Garrett." I told her.