Chapter 34: pulled a Garrett Gray

Garrett

~~~~~~~~

"Alright, careful, Chris." Taylor tells Chris for the 100th time as he helps me sit down on the couch.

I was finally back home after what felt like years of being in the hospital.

I fractured my wrist and my back was really sore, I also had quite a few bruises all over my body but other than that I was okay.

I obviously couldn't play hockey until I recovered fully which would be hell, because how was I supposed to deal with my anger?

"I'll be right back, I gotta shit." Chris says before he runs upstairs.

"Ew." Taylor says as she sits down next to me.

Everyone but the three of us went to get us some lunch, so it was just us in the house right now.

"Wanna watch Gilmore Girls?" I ask Taylor.

"Sure." She says as she turns the tv on.

She plays the show and we sit in silence as we watch, she makes sure to keep her distance and it gives me flashbacks from the first time she spent the night at my place.

I look over at her and see her smiling at the screen, I missed her so much.

She pulls her knees up to her chests and hugs them as she rests her chin on her knee. I smile, wow.

The theme song plays and my heart races, we used to make out at this part.

I look over at the screen and then back at her, she glances at me before grabbing the remote and skipping it. Ouch.

I focus back on the tv, fuck my life. I wish she would kiss me again.

I lean my head back on the couch and stare at the ceiling.

"Taylor?" I ask as she leans backwards in her spot.

"Yeah?" She says.

I turn my head in her direction and see her looking at me.

"Do you forgive me?" I ask.

She looks at me and shrugs.

"I can forgive you but I can't trust you." She says.

I stare at her and feel my heart ache.

"I'm sorry for hurting you." I say.

She smiles and nods before looking back at the tv.

"Will we ever get back together?" I ask.

She sighs.

"Garrett, please. I don't want to do that." She says.

"Do what?

"I don't want you to think that we'll happen again if I don't even trust you." She explains.

I didn't know what to say, I knew I couldn't convince her this time. I lost her trust and I needed to win it back. Somehow.

~~~~~~~~

Have you ever waited for someone and didn't know if you were waiting for something that might never happen? Because that's what was happening to me. With fucking Taylor. It's been a few weeks now since we became friends again, she's being so normal but I'm dying.

I'm fighting for my life every second she's around me.

I stare as she laughs while throwing her uno card into the pile.