Chapter 41: forever

Taylor

~~~~~~~

"Does this look okay?" I hear Lily's voice.

I turn my head and see her walk out of the bathroom wearing a long, silk-green dress. I smile as I see her.

"You look gorgeous, Lily." I tell her.

She smiles.

"Thank you. Now go put yours on." She tells me.

I smile and nod before I grab my dress and rush into the bathroom. I put it on and stare at myself in the mirror. It was a light purple dress that was long and had purple flowers on it. I smile as I look at myself, it was so pretty.

We were getting ready for Connie's wedding and the boys were already downstairs waiting for us. Lola was already at the venue and so was Connie. The rest of us were about to leave and head over there now.

I walk out of the bathroom and Lily smiles.

"You look so good!" She cheers.

I laugh at her excitement.

"Ready?" I ask her.

She nods.

I grab my heels and slip them on before we make our way downstairs. We walk downstairs and hear the boys talking in the kitchen. We walk in and my eyes meet Garretts.

He smiles before he walks over to me.

"You look gorgeous." He says as he spins me in a circle.

"Thank you." I say as I blush.

I look past him and see Chris, Jake and Lily talking. I look at the kitchen island and see Brennen sitting on the bar stool looking at us.

I feel my heart ache. I never even talked to him about everything that happened, all my focus was on Garrett. I never even thought about how he felt.

"Yo, Garrett. Let's go." Chris says before he walks over to us.

"Looking good as always, Tay-Tay." Chris smiles.

"Back off." Garrett tells him.

Chris chuckles.

"You riding with me or Lily?" Garrett asks.

"You. I'll be out in a second." I say.

He smiles and nods before him and Chris walk out. Lily and Jake follow them just as Brennen gets up from his seat.

"Hey." I say as he walks over to me.

"Hi." He says as he tucks his hands into his dress pants.

"We never really talked about everything that happened. You know, with Garrett and stuff." I say.

He nods.

"Well, you're his girlfriend. So I didn't think there was more to it." He tells me.

I sigh.

"You're a good guy, Brennen. You deserve so much, I don't want you to think I chose Garrett over you. If I had known-"

He cuts me off by saying, "You would've what? Not been with him?" He chuckles.

I give him a sad look and shrug.

"I don't know. I would've thought about how you felt too. Not just what Garrett felt." I explain.

He nods.

"It's okay. It happened the way it did. No going back. You're my friend's girl, I'm gonna respect that." He says.