Chapter 10: i'm in

Garrett

~~~~~~~~

Sweat was dripping down my head under my helmet. My eyes were fixed on the puck all while I focused on who I had to get past. It was overtime. Overtime makes my heart beat like crazy. The last five minutes were crucial. Only three skaters from each team and a goalie were on the ice. I look across the ice and see Jake eyeing me. I look back at the goalie who had his eyes set on me before I look at Jake, just as I reach the other team's goal I pass the puck to Jake right before I get cut off by one of the D-men on the other team. Luckily, Jake gets the puck and hits a straight shot into the goal.

Fuck. Yeah.

"Yes!" I cheer.

Everyone on our side of the stadium went crazy. Literally. I skate over Jake who tackles me in a bear hug.

"Let's fucking go!!!!" He cheers as he takes his helmet out.

I laugh at him, I love winning.

All my teammates surround me and Jake and cheer us on. I looked at Jake who was smiling at me. I love that kid. My best fucking friend right there. No one can top him.

After the win, the locker room was like a party. I always loved that about winning games. It's amazing. This, and the sick ass after-party that I and the guys hold every time we win.

I take my skates off just as Brennen comes and sits down next to me.

"Great job today." he says as he pats my back.

"Thanks, man." I smile.

"So, you inviting Tay-Tay tonight?" He asks.

"It'll take way too much convincing." I sigh.

"Why? I heard she spent the night last night. So you did sleep with her." he says.

"No, we didn't. We were just up watching a show and I didn't want her to go home alone. So she spent the night, I slept on my couch." I explain to him.

"You, Garrett Gray had a girl spend the night and didn't even kiss her?" He asks.

I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, well, Taylor isn't exactly my biggest fan. So it'll take a minute to break through." I tell him.

He chuckles.

"Well, invite her tonight. Maybe she'll have a breakthrough." He suggested getting up and walking towards the shower.

I think for a moment. I really just wanted to hook up with someone tonight, but I guess if I finish this bet off soon then I can go back to my usual shit.

After I shower, I grab my phone and walk out of the locker room, and text Taylor.

Me: Hey u free tn?

Taylor: No.

Me: Liar.

Taylor: What do u want?

Me: We won our game, so I wanted u to come over and celebrate.

Taylor: Why me? Don't u have ur roomies to celebrate with?

Me: Yeah, but I want u there too. U can bring ur blonde friend.

Taylor: Her name is Lily

Me: That's what I meant

Taylor: Yeah right

Me: Will u just come, Tay-Tay? I miss u

Taylor: Ew, shut up

Me: LMAO

Taylor: kys

Me: Kiss myself? Why don't u come over and kiss me, baby?

Taylor: kys= kill yourself

Me: kill=kiss

Me: Stupid autocorrect. Ik what u meant, Tay-Tay. Dw

Taylor: I hate u

Me: No u dont.

Me: r u gonna come?

Taylor: yeah ig

Me: That sounds dirty ;)

Taylor: omg you're so gross

Me: and hot, babe

Taylor: you wish

Me: See ya soon, babe. Love ya <33333

Taylor: shut up

I smile at my phone as I reach my car and get in. I drive home and brainstorm on how to take me and Taylor to the next step. I needed to prove Brennen wrong. I can do this. I can win this bet. Easywork. I feel like I was making progress, I mean it wasn't that hard to convince her to come tonight. I felt good about this. Just need to crack her a little more and then boom, I'm in and then I'll win.