Chapter 6: truth

Garrett

~~~~~~~~

I sit in the living room of Taylor's apartment while her blonde friend stares at me.

I itch the back of my neck uncomfortably.

"So what's with the sudden interest of being besties with my best friend?" She asks as she leans forward on the back of the loveseat.

"We've been friends for a while actually, instantly after I met her." I tell her.

She scoffs.

"I know Taylor, she'd never be friends with someone like you." She says.

Why does everyone think I'm some kind of bully or some shit? For fucks sake. I'm not an axe murderer.

"Well, then you obviously don't know me because I'm not a shitty person." I tell her.

"I'll believe it once I see it." She says right as Taylor's bedroom door opens and she walks in.

Goddamn.

She looked stunning. The top and skirt were driving me nuts. That fucking skirt man. I'm so hard right now, it's crazy.

I quickly stand up to hide my boner the best I can.

"I'm a fashion genius." I say.

"No, you aren't. Shut up." She snaps as she walks towards the kitchen counter.

God, she's sexy when she's mad.

I watch her grab her purse and phone before looking at me.

"Let's go." She demands.

"Yes, ma'am." I smile before following her out of the apartment.

"Bring her home by 11pm!" I hear the blonde girl call as we walk down the hallway.

I'll bring her home when I feel like it.

I smile as I watch her ass. We get to the elevator and she presses the buttons and waits for it to come. But my eyes... are on that ass.

"Stop staring at my ass." she snaps as she turns around and faces me.

I look at her and see her glaring at me.

"Okay, come one. Why can't we just have one make-out sesh?" I blurt out.

"Seriously?" she asks.

I nod.

"I'm attracted to you, my body's attracted to you." I tell her.

"Ew, Garrett!" She yells.

I sigh.

"I'm going home." She says as she turns to leave.

I quickly grab her arm and stop her.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." I tell her.

She stares at me and rolls her eyes.

"Fine, whatever." She says as the elevator doors open.

She makes me go in first so I don't stare at her ass which makes me smile.

~~~~~~~

"So, how's the food?" I ask as I watch her eat her pasta.

She looks at me.

"It's fine." She says.

I brought her out to have lunch, as friends of course, but it was the most awkward thing ever. She wasn't even trying to make this go well. But I guess I did force her to come with me.

"Okay, tell me this." I begin.

"Mhm." She hums.

"What do you have against me? Huh? I mean you barely even know who I am. I get it, I was an ass when we first met but I mean I said I was sorry and now I'm trying to make it better. So why do you hate me so much?" I explain.

She stares at me.

"I do know you, Garrett. And correct if I'm wrong but you sleep with every girl on campus and then you fucking ghost them. You lead girls on and then drop them like nothing. You don't care about anyone but yourself. I'm sorry but it's the truth." She admits.

I stare at her. Fuck.

"Everyone who sleeps with me knows I don't do relationships or anything more. It's only the hooking up part I do." I defend myself.

"Okay, I get it. But have you ever thought about what those girls feel like? Some of them really like you, god knows why but they do and you don't even think about that when you hook up with them." She goes on.

"You don't know if they like me like that." I say.

"The girl you were with at your party yesterday? Yeah, she knows Lily and she asked Lily if you liked me, and when Lily told her she didn't know, the girl told her that she has had feelings for you since last summer." She explains as I stare at her blankly.

I feel a guilty feeling creep through my stomach.

"That's why. That's why I can't stand you." She snaps before she gets up and makes her way out of the restaurant.

I sit there for a second and process everything she just said. I quickly throw a 100-dollar bill on the table before running out of the restaurant. I see her walking down the sidewalk hugging her body.

"Taylor!" I call as I run after her

She keeps walking until I finally catch up to her.

"Wait." I say as I step in front of her.

"What?" She snaps.

"Take this." I say as I pull off my hoodie and hand it to her.

"I don't want it." She says.

"Just take it." I tell her.

She sighs before taking it and pulling it over her small body. The hoodie made her look even smaller.

"You're right. You're right, I don't care about anyone else but myself, and I should've realized that sooner. But I didn't. That's my fault. But you have to give me a chance to prove to you that I'm more than just some guy who sleeps around." I explain.

She stares at me.

"Just let me show you." I add.

She sighs and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Fine." She says.

I smile.

"Thank you, Tay-Tay," I say.

She rolls her eyes.

"Alright, next stop." I say.